Say when

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
water5asized.jpg

Rip away. :)

I like it - very good, like the subtle lighting with no reflection except from the water ripples.

Well Done:thumb:

Clean, simple and the subtle lighting draws you to the water, I also love the background colour, normally I'd think, mmmm could do with some colour, looks a bit mono but this is perfect. Nice job

When I hear "Say When...."

"When it's bloody full...." is my usual response...lol

:D

Very nice! If wasn't for the blue bubbles, I'd have thought you'd sepia toned it. Not much to rip at there! ;)

i like it also, nice and sharp!

Following the discussion about desaturated web uploads, something I've always had issues with I thought I'd try an sRGB version. The one in the first post is a little flat compared to how it looks for me here. The sRGB version is better.

swater5a1.jpg

DOH :doh:

Forgot to say thanks for the comments, obvioulsy not had enough coffee yet today.

Does look much better with the sRGB profile doesn't it. I was told by a colour techie type that an sRGB workfolw is better but it's not worth changing if you're happy with your output.

The best way to tell is to set up parallel sRGB and adobe RGB workflows and compare the end reslults.

Well the whole idea of sRGB colour space is to try to get a uniform viewing experience for people viewing shots on the web. It's the default colour space used by windows, and provided everyone is singing off the same hymn sheet and has their monitor reasonably calibrated, it works quite well. :)

If you're outputting work to magazins etc, which I suspect you are, then they probably require Adobe RGB.

Back