SB-800, 2 SB-600's and can't set group B - help

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Right, having a spot of bother with my off camera lighting set up. To try and explain it as quick and easily as possible.

I have the SB-800 on the D3 set to master. The 2 SB-600's are set as slaves - one set to group A and one set to group B. All 3 are set to channel 1.
Problem is I cant make one of the SB-600's be 'in' group B. On the SB-800 (set as master) there is only M and A which will let me alter anyhing, group B and C are just blank. So, I'm stuck with having both SB 600's on channel A and can't control them independently. If I use my D200 as the 'master' I do get channels A and B. Is there something wrong with my SB 800?

What am I doing wrong????

I had same problem with sb600 in commander but changed to channel 2 and all was fine not much but may help

I had same problem with sb600 in commander but changed to channel 2 and all was fine not much but may help

Cheers Dangermouse. I'm in danger of getting more confused now - you can't set the SB-600 as commander. SB-600 can only be a slave in an off camera lighting set up with multiple units. Did you mean SB-800?

Ne'r mind, have sorted it:) On the SB-800 you have to highlight the channel you want, then press the mode button :bang:

Back