SB 800...

Name
Will Reynolds
Edit My Images
Yes
Should i sell my sb 800 to fund getting two second hand sb-28 or sb28-dx's?

What do people think? Would i be crazy or not!? I have pretty much got everything else (apart from stands) but need to get a second flash and i dont know whether to jsut get an extra sb28 or sell my sb 800 and get a couple of flashes and some other bits and bobs?

You know you will regret selling it. I must confess that I would never sell mine. I would buy a cheaper second flash or look for a secondhand sb600

I wouldn't sell it either. One of the best flash systems out there atm and I can see it being very future proof even though its in the shadow of the sb900.

I would wait for a good used bargin or if I need one urgently for a job I would borrow one.

Well managed to grab my self a bargin SB-28 which is all good and i managed to grab my self a pair of second hand kenko extension tubes (nikon fit) which i thought was very rare to have a nikon fit so grabbed them straight away!

It is indeed, my strobing gear is nearly complete.

I just need to find a stand and then i am done to start shooting all sorts.

Will87, glad you didn't the '800 - you'd have only regretted it.

As for stands, just hunt around car boots and charity shops and pick up old chepo plastic tripods. As long as you have those base plates for your flashes (like the ones that come with the SB800) you can attach them and you'll be sorted. :)

Will87, glad you didn't the '800 - you'd have only regretted it.

As for stands, just hunt around car boots and charity shops and pick up old chepo plastic tripods. As long as you have those base plates for your flashes (like the ones that come with the SB800) you can attach them and you'll be sorted. :)

I have already got them but i have now moved on a step and got some brackets that hold umbrellas too so i need to get studio tripods with a 5/8 attachment. Not the tripod ones. Makes it a little more expensive.

I have found some for £30, i expect i can find a better deal. need to have a proper look when i get home.

Can't wait till 7th when i have a free weekend to take some photos. Test out the flash lights and all the home made strobing kit.

Back