Sb600

MrC

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
Hi could someone please clarify if my SB600 is functioning correctly. Here's the issue. When i switch it on the display flashes on off continuously I can’t say I remember it doing this in the past but I have been messing with the settings. Even when its on the camera the display keeps on flashing. The flash seems to operate correctly & fires when its suppose too. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks John

Have you tried to reset to the default settings, if you've been playing around this should help.

Press the Mode and On/Off buttons simultaneously for a few seconds to reset.

I've tried holding in the mode button & on/off but nothing seems to happen, it still flashes?

John

Mmmmm, you might have accidentally locked the buttons, press Mode and - simultaneously to lock or unlock them and try the step above again.

I would also try removing the batteries, apart from that I don't know what to suggest.

tried that too still the same, but hay it still works ok as far as i can tell, just bugs me that it keeps flashing.

John

^^^ My Sigma flash is the same. When the batteries are running low, it will flicker for a little bit before coming on and as they die the flicking won't stop.

Thanks evryone tried new batteries & checked for hairline cracks as per the link, i did notice last night it seem to fire a couple of times by it self, but other than that it works ok. I'll have to get it serviced.

John

Back