Scanning Photos

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Scanning app on IOS.
My Mum passed away last week and she has literally 1000’s of photos that I am hoping to scan onto my phone and then save to an external drive.
I can see that there are several apps available, just looking to see if anyone actually uses one.
Thanks Rob.

you got me a bit confused. Why not scan them straight to a computer and then edit and transfer to extrnl drive. Not that hard, most printers now include scanners and the ability to transfer straight onto a computer.

Last edited:
I recently had a similar problem and thought I would photograph the prints (iPhone 7 Plus) but I found the results were better and quicker on a fairly basic Epson multifunction printer scanner.And you can load several prints at once with software recognising them as separate photos.

in the same boat for the same reason as the OP, are there options available other than scan then import into LR?

Prints are typically about 4" square I think, so I can get half a dozen onto the scanner at one time, but my scanner software doesn't separate the images into multiple files unfortunately. Completely outside my experience really this, so any tips very welcome

in the same boat for the same reason as the OP, are there options available other than scan then import into LR?

Prints are typically about 4" square I think, so I can get half a dozen onto the scanner at one time, but my scanner software doesn't separate the images into multiple files unfortunately. Completely outside my experience really this, so any tips very welcome
Are you leaving enough of a gap between the prints? On my A4 scanner I can get four 4" square prints, any more and the software does not pick up that they are separate.

Google have an app called PhotoScan that does a quick job and will upload them straight to google drive if you want it to. It’s a couple of seconds per photograph which has done me in the past (I don’t have a scanner)

Back