Scanning Trouble now with my CANNON 9000F Mk II Flatbed

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I was donated a couple of years ago a lovely MINT CANON 9000F Mk II Flatbed scanner to replace my busted Epson 1650 -- kit was GREAT ! I now don;'t use it so much only for 'Medium Format' as i have a PlusTek OPtickFilm 7200 for 35mm -- suddenly my Medium Format scans have 'Scan Lines' and on Colour a BLUE are down one side ! Cleaned Glass and Cover of Strip Light -- still appears ... can anyone HELP ?

AGFAPAN 100 06.jpgAGFAPAN 100 07.jpgblad Fuji Pro160S 03.jpgblad Fuji Pro160S 07.jpg

Lines appear to be in the same place on all images - have you made sure the cables are fully inserted - and that the glass is clean? (Two obvious things to mention - and I'm sure dirty glass wouldn't cause it - but in these things I never rule anything out) - Otherwise can you remove and re-install the drivers? If none of that does anything at all - then it sounds like it needs replacing - but there may be experts who can give more of an insight than me....

At the top (nearest the hinge) of the negative carrier is a little window the scanner uses for calibration. Any dust on the upper or lower glass in this area creates lines down the scan. If glass is clean then it can be dust on sensor or lamp.

Thanks for suggestions -- I will have a look in good light but I did clean the glass --

When I had this it was mucky glass as per David's words above. My sensor does some sort of calibration and it was at that location that I had a tiny speck of dust. I was very much amazed to see it disappear when I gave it a good clean (and rocket)

I had the earlier version of this scanner for several years , the 8800F, and never experienced such problems.......Perhaps the 9000 is simply more "sensitive' to how clean the glass/ sensor is ( or isn't as the case may be)

Back