Scarlet Waxcap And Amethyst Deceiver Fungi

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Great stuff Dave, I was at Martin mere yesterday and some of the fungi we seen was huge !!! Puffballs bigger than basket balls, I took a pic with you in mind, upload it later

love the second shot and the colours are great

Lovely shots, no1 for me but all good and well found

Thanks Andrew, there were a fair few species, about bolettes, 1 blusher, usually suspects glistening and common inkcaps, False Chanterelle (but none in good condition), Earthstars, I need to go back with my tripod :)

Dave those are all stunning (y) I love them :clap:

Matt

Thanks Matt, they are very colourful, and very small

Great stuff Dave, I was at Martin mere yesterday and some of the fungi we seen was huge !!! Puffballs bigger than basket balls, I took a pic with you in mind, upload it later

Thanks Matt, look forward to seeing it

love the second shot and the colours are great

Thanks Chris :)

Very nice shots, No.3 for me.

Cheers Denis :)

cracking shots vivid colours - they look good enough to eat (personally i would'nt tho)& they look like they're made of fondant icing ..

Hi Dave, nice fungi, I have been out but there is nothing of any promis down here at the moment. We can only hope!

Thanks Alan, today's downpour will bring them out (y)(y)(y)

Amen!!

good camera work there Dave and loads of impact
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof (y)

Thanks Derek, not sure if their poisonous or not

according to my feild guide both are allegedly edible - although where soils are high in arsenic , amethyst deciever can accumulate high levels of the toxin.

That said neither is noted for its taste , so i'd stick to photographing them rather than taking any risks

What began as a 'quick look', ended in a lingering appreciation of a compex life-form beautifully presented. For sheer colour, and the small 'incisor-like' marks, No3 does it for me. Nice shots. Peter.

Fantastic colours Dave,not into Fungi,but these are nice

Thanks John, I love my macro fungi togging, you get a fab buzz when you find stunner's like those waxcaps there were yellow waxcaps near by but hard to get shots of as they were tiny less tan 1cm so need to go back for them, (y)

according to my feild guide both are allegedly edible - although where soils are high in arsenic , amethyst deciever can accumulate high levels of the toxin.

That said neither is noted for its taste , so i'd stick to photographing them rather than taking any risks

Thanks Pete :)

Awesome Photography Dave !

Cheers Vince (y)

What began as a 'quick look', ended in a lingering appreciation of a compex life-form beautifully presented. For sheer colour, and the small 'incisor-like' marks, No3 does it for me. Nice shots. Peter.

Thank you very much Peter (y)

Where do you find these things Dave? Yellow ladybirds and now these mushroom things. If it wasn't for you chaps and lady's on here I would know half of these things existed. Great stuff

All lovely, but prefer the first one out of the lot. Never seen any fungi that colour before. Time to hit the woods with my macro lens! :)

Back