Scary shots of Daddy Long Legs

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I was feeling a little left out following the Chester Zoo Trip so I thought I'd capture some wildlife shots of my own.

Notice there's no concrete or wire fences :flipoff:

I used the reversed kit lens technique again...hand-held with built in Flash

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7500.jpg

Cheers Garnock...

I basically stopped breathing and moved the camera in and out to manually focus and aimed for the eye, it took about 10 shots to get a couple with the eye reasonably in focus.
It was very difficult to see as it was quite dark through the viewfinder hence the built in flash, which in itself was a problem as I was VERY close and the Flash on most of the shots just didn't get near the subject.

This is excellent, especially with the technique you've used.
You might be better off getting a reducing/step-up ring and use two lenses on the camera.

wez130 said:
nice, i use the same technique with my 35-80mm lens, had some good results too, sorry to intrude bachs, but here's my latest offering ;) http://www.wesleybrookes.co.uk/pics/pics1/tickcreature_filtered.jpg
Edit, changed to link for the 160kb limit rule

Not at all mate!
Thats very impressive...you got great depth of field on the pic on your link which is difficult with this technique :icon_cool

They are incredible both Bachs and wez. Great shots given the technique used.

Bachs said:
Not at all mate!
Thats very impressive...you got great depth of field on the pic on your link which is difficult with this technique :icon_cool

i could have got more in focus using the DoF preview trick, but you lose so much light, so i went for the happy medium, F/11, which i think works on my shot, it is really difficult to tell when you're in focus though so you end up shooting hundreds of pics hoping at least one turns out, with this one however, i was really lucky, i only managed 5 shots before it jumped off, luckily, tha one in my link was perfect.

Also, bachs, what focal length did you use for yours? As a general rule, the wider the lens, the more magnification you can get, i.e, using 18mm will probably double the magnification of using 35mm (i mean reversed onto body obviously), but then again, you have an even shallower DoF.

wez130 said:
Also, bachs, what focal length did you use for yours? As a general rule, the wider the lens, the more magnification you can get, i.e, using 18mm will probably double the magnification of using 35mm (i mean reversed onto body obviously), but then again, you have an even shallower DoF.

Sorry just back!

I used 18mm... on experimenting, I discovered exactly what you are saying!

really impressive shots Bachs, funnily enough I've got that same ring on my watch list just now.

Back