School Photography Course

Name
Daryl
Edit My Images
No
Admin Note : This thread has been approved

School Photography Course

Over the last year I have been asked to put a course together for members on Talk Photography.

This course is aimed at Photographers wanting to add to their current business and to freelancers wanting to get extra work with the National Companies. It will also be great for those starting out.

This course is not for Photographers with out any photography back ground.
This course will is not for beginners in that of teaching people to use camearas etc. A basic knowledge is expected.

This will be a hands on course and there will child models to shoot.

Please read the list below for the running of the 2 days.

School Photography Course is on 16th - 17th Feb 2012 £175 per person Discount can be made if your business is a couple. Please PM me.

The Venue for this event is at :

http://www.howberypark.com/conference_rooms.html

Howbery Park
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
OX10 8BA
United Kingdom

Over night stay will be in Didcot and can be block booked if needed.

Premier Inn
Milton Heights, Milton, Nr Didcot,
Oxon OX14 4TX

T: 0871 527 8868*
F: 0871 527 8869

DAY 1

09:00 - 9:30
Arrival & Registration
Tea and coffee served , collect your name badge and relax and meet fellow Photographers.

09:30 - 10:30
An Introduction to School Photography
What school photography is all about. How has it changed from the days we remember. What Schools and Parents expect from you and what you can expect from your customers/parents and schools.

10:30 – 11:30
Portraiture Hands on.
We will cover all types and styles of School portraits. covering various lighting. Backgrounds and equipment. This will be an opportunity for you the Photographer to take your own images with our selection of child models. you will be able to use these images for your portfolio if desired. We will cover lighting canvas drops, vinyl's and Hi-lights. Chroma key portraits and software for these. during this time we will cover the logistics of shooting schools with making the photographers and school staffs day run smooth.

11:30 - 11.45
Tea Break

11:45 - 13:00
Portraiture continued.

13:00 - 14:00
Lunch Break
Lunch will held in our conference Centre restaurant. A menu will be given early on in the day..

14:00 – 15:00
Group Photography
This section will cover groups from Sports Teams to class groups of up to 30 children. We will also show and discuss large groups like Year and Full School groups of up to 400 children.

We will also be covering Informal and Traditional styles. Indoor and Out door with fill in flash. and also all the extras you can get schools to book. Leavers products, Nativity plays and Calendars.

15:15 - 15:30
Tea break

15:30 – 17:00
Capture software
We will be looking at all the software you may need for shooting Schools. From Name capture for the school database to post production work.

Day 2
09:00 - 9:30
Tea, Coffee
Another chance to settle in and prepare for the day ahead..

09:30 – 11:00
Printing and Pro Labs

In this section we cover printing and products. Some may want to print there own jobs others may want to use one of the many Pro labs in the Country that offer a wide range of services and products for you to use. We also look at sales and web sites, many of the pro labs offer an extensive online ordering service. Contact details and brochure from every lab will be in the main folder you will be given at the end of the day.

11:00 - 11.15
Tea Break

11:15 – 12:00
Dunns imaging will demonstrate their new online image hosting system.

12:00 – 13:00
Lunch Break
Lunch will provided by the Restaurant.

13:00 - 14:00
Marketing and Sales
in this section we will cover every type of marketing and what works and what does not work. Everything from cold calling to exhibiting at Teachers conferences. Web sites/Brochures/Special offers and costing.

14:00 - 14:15
Tea break

14:15 – 15:30
Equipment
Shooting Schools can be hard your kit.... so knowing what brands and what types of kit are up to the job are essential. Also a reprise of software.

15:30 - 16:00
Questions and Answers.

Photographers will leave with comprehensive binder on Lighting/building Groups/ Pro labs in the UK/ Software companies/Equipement and school logistics.

Please PM with your interest and I will add your name to the list.
This course needs a minimum of 10 photographers and a max of 20.

Look forward to hearing from you

Daryl

Last edited by a moderator:
Details are:

BACS

Sort Code - 20-01-09
Account - 13906116
Name - Class-Photos Ltd

Please return e mail and details to send receipt/confirmation of payment.

Regards

Daryl.

Photographers attending are:

Alun Roberts - Ajar Photographic Confirmed
Ron Fowler x2 - Fowler Photography Confirmed
Steve Yates - Confirmed
Phil Atkinson = Ignite Images Confirmed
Paul Saban Confirmed
Simon Drew -
Martin Hilary Confirmed
Aindreas Lynch - March
Jane Stapleton Photography + 2 Reserved
Ian Newton -
Lu Parrot Parrot Photography Confirmed
Dean + 1 March
Lynn -Wings Photography Confirmed
Marcus Charter -Charter Photography Confirmed
Dave Goodier - DG Weddings Confirmed
EventsRus x2 March
Ian Boich Confirmed
Dav Hughes Confirmed
Gilly B Confirmed
Carl (Photo chimp) Davis Confirmed
Tom Stokes. Confirmed
Phil Hyndsconfirmed
Tom Campbell
Jacey Carn + 1 Confirmed
Helen Scrapper confirmed
Rob Carter Confirmed

Last edited:
For anyone thinking about this but unsure about taking the plunge, I have done quite a few school shoots with Daryl and he knows his stuff. He has taught me from scratch, my school shots went from average to record breaking takings within a couple of weeks. e.g. infants school of 67 children (yes, 67) turned over £950 this year. Makes the cost of this course VERY reasonable doesn't it?

I'm really interested in this but I'll be 5 weeks off the expected due date of my first child so I'm not sure it would be a great idea! Are you likely to run another later in the year? :)

Will be another in March and August Sarah.

congrats. Well done.

Thanks!

I'll keep an eye out for the next lot and get booked on for that. Will definitely be well worth it :)

All done Marcus....

It is a hands on course. With real kids to photgraph. Not one of those seminars where you sit and fall asleep listening to someone go on about how they hit the big time.(Yawn)

Togs will have extensive binder to take away with them as well as shoot images to use for their portfolio. Info on all Pro labs = who does What. Software companies. Licence ship and Professional bodies etc.

All done Marcus....

It is a hands on course. With real kids to photgraph.

Although I kinda :cautious::cautious::cautious: we may be the 'kids' who get photographed (well we are all kids to someone), I've paid my way too for this one

Now to book the Penthouse at that hotel Daryl recommends (owned by his mum too I :cautious::cautious::cautious:)

:D

See you's all soon

DD

Look see... just received from Premier Inn...

Hotel - Oxford South (Didcot)
Arrival date - Feb 16, 2012
Departure date - Feb 18, 2012
Number of nights - 2
Guest name(s) - Mr David Goodier

£126 FFS - you can stay a month in Barnsley for that !!! :D

DD

Daryl said:
All done Marcus....

It is a hands on course. With real kids to photgraph. Not one of those seminars where you sit and fall asleep listening to someone go on about how they hit the big time.(Yawn)

Togs will have extensive binder to take away with them as well as shoot images to use for their portfolio. Info on all Pro labs = who does What. Software companies. Licence ship and Professional bodies etc.

Sounds great Daryl and looks like I might some of the TP regulars at the same time!

Hi guys, Any one wanting to get into schools or have extra work for your business or want to get freelance work to boost income then drop us a line.

This course will cover getting extra work for your self and who takes on freelancers etc.

so all basis covered for extra revenue to your business.

Great for those who are starting self employed work. as you can start hit the ground running.

Hi Daryl, im really interested in this however I am unavailable on those dates. will you be holding any more in the future???

Leon

Hi Daryl i'm interested too. Can you also forward details of future dates please as no good for Feb.

Cheers. Pm sent.

I would like to book on this course and will private message you now Daryl.

Hi everyone. I will sorting payment details out over the weekend.
some have already booked hotel. so could you please arrange hotel from this contact link.
you will not need to pay the hotel and the booking can be cancelled upto 1pm the day before with no charge or fees.

Premier Inn
Milton Heights, Milton, Nr Didcot,
Oxon OX14 4TX

T: 0871 527 8868*
F: 0871 527 8869

Look see... just received from Premier Inn...

Hotel - Oxford South (Didcot)
Arrival date - Feb 16, 2012
Departure date - Feb 18, 2012
Number of nights - 2
Guest name(s) - Mr David Goodier

£126 FFS - you can stay a month in Barnsley for that !!! :D

DD

Huh! Dave, I have just been quoted £151.00 for 2 nights. I will ring them in the morning.:shrug:

Just to add clarity to the thread, I have put my name forward via pm yesterday. And can confirm I want a space.

Back