School Photography Course

I have the night before booked just in case and am trying to decide whether to stay or not.. I don't really need to, it's not far for me to come...... Lol

Hi everyone.

Could those who need recipts please E-mail me at : daryl@class-photos.co.uk

Please say what name or company you want it made out too please.

Tommorrow is a final day for the Feb course payment.

Please email if you are interested in the March course.

I will after this event post a thread on feed back to see what everyone thought and any ideas they have.

Many thanks

Daryl

Couple of extras added into program.

DAY 1

09:00 - 9:30
Arrival & Registration
Tea and coffee served , collect your name badge and relax and meet fellow Photographers.

09:30 - 10:30
An Introduction to School Photography
What school photography is all about. How has it changed from the days we remember. What Schools and Parents expect from you and what you can expect from your customers/parents and schools.

10:30 – 11:30
Portraiture Hands on.
We will cover all types and styles of School portraits. covering various lighting. Backgrounds and equipment. This will be an opportunity for you the Photographer to take your own images with our selection of child models. you will be able to use these images for your portfolio if desired. We will cover lighting canvas drops, vinyl's and Hi-lights. Chroma key portraits and software for these. during this time we will cover the logistics of shooting schools with making the photographers and school staffs day run smooth.

11:30 - 11.45
Tea Break

11:45 - 13:00
Portraiture continued.

13:00 - 14:00
Lunch Break
Lunch will held in our conference Centre restaurant. A menu will be given early on in the day..

14:00 – 15:00
Group Photography
This section will cover groups from Sports Teams to class groups of up to 30 children. We will also show and discuss large groups like Year and Full School groups of up to 400 children.

We will also be covering Informal and Traditional styles. Indoor and Out door with fill in flash. and also all the extras you can get schools to book. Leavers products, Nativity plays and Calendars.

15:15 - 15:30
Tea break

15:30 – 14:15
Capture software

Demo of Name capture software using Halse Systems. Presented by Redwoods Photolab.

After a hands on play with the kit you need to use.
We will be looking at all the software you may need for shooting Schools. From Name capture for the school database to post production work.

Day 2
09:00 - 9:30
Tea, Coffee
Another chance to settle in and prepare for the day ahead..

09:30 – 10:15

Hailey Lehmann Shows new capture software and online ordering.

10:15 - 11:00
Printing and Pro Labs

In this section we cover printing and products. Some may want to print there own jobs others may want to use one of the many Pro labs in the Country that offer a wide range of services and products for you to use. We also look at sales and web sites, many of the pro labs offer an extensive online ordering service. Contact details and brochure from every lab will be in the main folder you will be given at the end of the day.

11:00 - 11.15
Tea Break

11:15 – 12:00
Dunns imaging will demonstrate their new online image hosting system.

12:00 – 13:00
Lunch Break
Lunch will provided by the Restaurant.

13:00 - 14:00
Marketing and Sales
in this section we will cover every type of marketing and what works and what does not work. Everything from cold calling to exhibiting at Teachers conferences. Web sites/Brochures/Special offers and costing.

14:00 - 14:15
Tea break

14:15 – 15:30
Equipment
Shooting Schools can be hard your kit.... so knowing what brands and what types of kit are up to the job are essential. Also a reprise of software.

15:30 - 16:00
Questions and Answers.

Daryl - ignore my PM - God knows why I didn't just look at this thread for where & when :bonk:

And I must say, having just Googled where the venue is, OMG that's an f-ing long way for a 9.00 a.m. start !!!

I'll need to be up at 5.00 a.m. FFS !!! :eek:

Can we fit in an afternoon nap session ??? :D

Cheers

DD

Me again :D

So who is stopping over on the Wednesday evening then ???

I am - and I think these are...

Gilly B
Jellycat
Stokes

Anyone else ???

I'm stopping at a nice pub just 4 miles from the venue which is apparently known for its food - anyone want to join me for tea is more than welcome :)

Here... The Fleur-De-Lys Inn‎
9 High Street
Dorchester-on-thames, Dorchester OX10 7HH
01865 340502
fleurdelys-dorchester.co.uk‎

Cheers

DD

What time is tea DD ? I am definitely up for this ....
Helen

I do love a woman with an appetite :D

So far Jellycat & Gilly B have confirmed for this too, I already have Jellycat's email & mobile number - so if you two can email me yours we can organise that without taking over Daryl's thread

Email me as david@dg-weddings.com :)

DD

hi everyone. Those up for a drink and food in the bar next to the Prim Inn?

Meet in the bar 7:30-8:00 for drinks and Diddy Daves Lap Dancing lesson.

See you there.

I presume you mean for Thursday night Daryl ???

The girls and I are at a pub Wednesday

And Daryl - my green suspenders panties and a bra or my pink one with the tassles ??? And do you want me to bring my own pole again ??? :shrug:

DD

Can do the Thursday if that's better for everyone?

Daryl

Jellycat, Welshscrapqueen and GillyB are meeting me for tea/dinner on the Wednesday evening at the Fleur de Lys, Dorchester

Anyone else is welcome to join us :)

On Thursday I and Gillian are staying at the Premier Inn so tea is likely to be there/thereabouts - and I suspect it'll be everyone at that one as most (all?) will be stopping over Thursday evening

DD

hi everyone. Those up for a drink and food in the bar next to the Prim Inn?

Meet in the bar 7:30-8:00 for drinks and Diddy Daves Lap Dancing lesson.

See you there.

Is Dave's Lap dancing included in the price of the course Daryl - or is there an extra charge ??

I feel a bit sick at the thought of this...

You will happily add a £20 or two just to start covering him up.... :)

Anyone travelling down from the North West (Lancashire) on Thursday morning & want to car share? Or can be picked up on way down the M6?

Last edited:
Daryl said:
August 9th/10th. for 2 days. Names below if interested. Min of 8 needed.

PM for details

Where is the course gong to be held?

Back