Schools Cross Country

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I was asked by a work colleague to take some photo's of his son at the schools cross country on Saturday morning. the Sun was very low in the sky, which was murder for metering, bright sunshine one side and dark shadows the other.
Also spotting the lad in a group of 300 runners was not too easy, I did get about 5 shots of him that were not too bad.
None of these are the lad in question as his parents have not seen them yet.

XC005.jpg

XC006.jpg

XC008.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

The race actualy took place on a public park and there were many more people with DSLRs, compact cameras, camera phones and video cameras and I don't think I heard anyone being challenged or confronted, which was nice.

Good shots Steve in what looks very crap light.

I shoot lots of running and athletics with kids in and have never have a single question about photographing kids, something I just don't worry about at all now. IN fact the only question I ever get is, where can I get the photo of my son/daughter from.

I do ask the organizer at events if photographers have to sign in when visiting an arena. At most events they just look at me blankly as it's something they have just never thought about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the comments.

The race actualy took place on a public park and there were many more people with DSLRs, compact cameras, camera phones and video cameras and I don't think I heard anyone being challenged or confronted, which was nice.

Totally logical comments but you know what the PC Thought Police are like

i really like 1. some of the kids look really determined and competive, great!

Thanks for the comments.

I take your point about signing in Mark, at The university track I can usualy get a media pass, and have had to sign in at the midland and national road relays at Sutton Park, but at the majority of events there is no such procedure.

Back