Schumacher Cougar 2

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post these shots, I have spent the last 3 months restoring a 1991 Schumacher cougar2 race car. i raced these when I was 11-13 years old. This car has taken the skin from my fingers (and the cash from my wallet!!) To restore. any RC racer knows how legendary these cars were, and will also notice this one is a bit different. I have hasd made custom alloy parts and polished the h**l out of this car. It has become what they call a shelf queen as i now cannot touch it without gloves!!. heres a few pics. Any C+C on angles and exp welcomed.....
IMG_4573.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

Neil

I'm not going to offer any criticism, just thank you for the trip down memory lane! I used to race one of these too, before moving on to a Traxxas, and then onto 1/8th scale IC rallycross. Happy days :)

Apart from building (what turned out to be) an expensive scooby a few years back,I know very little about the rc scene but I do like the detailing in those shots (y)

I used to race one, too. And I have to say that is absolutely stunning. Big well done on the car, and images!

Brilliant pics and car. I miss the old days of the Cougar. I used to race a Topcat before I got my cougar. Would love to see these raced again.
Well done.

Ah! memories :)

Used to race these, albeit the cougar mk1 (think i was one of the first people in the north west to get one IIRC) purchased mine from Top Models in Mold sometime around 88-89' i think it was, had a Cat also (and quite a few others along the way also).

I fitted a Hyperdrive unit to mine (belt driven link between motor/spur gear) christ it was quick - even with a 17triple installed.

Still have a few spare parts in the garage that i keep meaning to ebay

Nice photo's and thanks for the memory trip :)

Gary

Arh love it mate, top work.

Im only 21 and started years back with a Tamiya TL01.
They are new compared to your Schuie, yet they seem so old to me now.

Stopped when i was 16 with a TC3. Finished 15th overall in Modified class in the British Winter Indoor Series. My best finish to date.

Back