Scilly Isles HDR (My First)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi again...

This is my first try at HDR... So let me have it...

If you suggest improvements please do or if you have a better process I will except all tips...

I used photoshop for this one.

86391312.jpg

Regards

Nigel:shrug:

The sky is fantastic! but the foreground boats look a bit out of focus?

Thanks for the comment... I will check the original but I am sure it was in focus .. I might have caused that during HDR

Cheers

Nigel

The sky is ok, I wouldn't say fantastic though. It looks like you took it when the sun was too high as its a bit odd. Personally I'd say try Photomatix, but I'm not sure. There's no light on the ground either, which is a bit of a shame as its quite dark and tonally flat. It also does seem very soft.

Hi Kissfoto

Do not mind what so ever.. learn is all part of it...

I have just tried out the Photomatix software and have run the image again.. What do you and all the others think of this version.

86435071.jpg

Regards

Nigel.

Thats much better, The first one didn't look HDR'd at all.

Personally I feel its a bit OTT. HDR images don't need to look "HDR'd" to work. Photomatix has bought out more detail in the ground but theres still dark patches and I feel the sky is way too ott for what is a nice seaside town scene.

Hi Pete,
I know that an image should necessary look HDR'd, but the first image had so many dark areas, it quite frankly looked like it had come straight from the camera with nothing being done to it. Of course, I never saw the original file to compare. I was just surprised that HDR had been used when I first saw the image. The other two have brought out the detail which just wasn't there.

Hi Kissfoto

Do not mind what so ever.. learn is all part of it...

I have just tried out the Photomatix software and have run the image again.. What do you and all the others think of this version.

86435071.jpg

Regards

Nigel.

HDR is a very personal thing, you have to like and and let others think what they will, be minimalist. (y)

Back