Scotland 2003. DANGER not colour or digital!

Edit My Images
Yes
Well, they've been scanned. So I guess they are part digital. I could quite get back into this celluloid based shenanigan again!

26-03-2006-27.jpg

26-03-2006-30.jpg

26-03-2006-31.jpg

26-03-2006-33.jpg

These were all taken at a place called applecross on the west coast coast of scotland, near to loch torridon, and there are palm trees there! The hills you can see in the distance are the isles of raasay, ronaldsay, and the isle of skye. The hippies are my friends and the shots were taken in early april.

Didn't stop bob the dog going in the sea though. We wondered why he kept getting into the bed in the van when we left, despite our shouting at him.

Poor love was so cold he was shivering. Boy did we feel bad for shouting at him.

Rambling anecdote over. TFL!

Helluva place to get to isn't it? Been to Applecross a couple of times in a past life (not an awful lot there apart from the cracking views mind you)

Your scans look a fair bit better than my recent efforts.

Yes, I seem to remember it being a very crazy ride in the transit. Very, very steep. If you pardon the pun!

The scans were done on a borrowed nikon coolscan IV ED. It's only 2900dpi, but it outputs a 35Mb 16bit tiff. Plenty enough for my needs!

Great set there :) Love the first one - lots of geometric patterns and angles going on which (in my opinion) makes the shot.
Thanks for sharing.

I love the shots and I love the Applecross region but it's a long time since I've been there.
I remember driver up the hairpin bends of the Pass of the Cattle ( Bealach Na Ba ) and down to Applecross.
Great fun.
Thanks for the reminder.

Cameron

Garnock said:
I remember driver up the hairpin bends of the Pass of the Cattle ( Bealach Na Ba ) and down to Applecross.
Great fun.

I did that once in a fog with my father in the passenger seat, we were bricking it!

Back