Scotland - Castles water and sunsets

Edit My Images
Yes
These are the first photos I've taken in a few trips to Scotland that I'm really pleased with. I really enjoy seeing other peoples photos of this part of the world on these forums so thought I'd post a few of mine.

These are all on my flikr page here -I've only just joined so not much there

CC's + thoughts welcomed and appreciated.

thanks(y)

1. Sunset over castle stalker

2842854161_eb25fbb11f_o.jpg

2. Last light of day over loch Linnie

2842854741_f656844bf4_o.jpg

3. Castle Stalker earlier in the evening

2843690246_a07be6dfa6_o.jpg

4. Me being eaten by midgies but watching the sunset :LOL:

2843690952_f29f737cef_o.jpg

Those are quite nice, the only thing that strikes me straight away is the overpowering sun in the last image. 2 and 3 are my favourites, they are quite easy on the eye. They also feel quite magical.

Pretty darn marvellous these IMHO. Castle Stalker, I've found, in spite of its photogenic reputation is hard to photograph well, but you've certainly succeeded. My first reaction to the sun flare in the last one was the same as KayJay, but on reflection with you in the picture and its location round the side of the castle, it gives the image a certain almost surreal quality. I like it a lot.

thanks for the feedback and comments so far :)

Aberal, I'd definately agree about the castle being difficult to capture, you see some great shots around and you think that can't be that difficult but finding the right location, angle and most importantly light isn't easy

Not keen on the last one but the rest are very good with 1 being my favourite (as is the BLT in the restuarant).

Nice set - 1 & 3 work best for me, nice golden tones and silhouette

Good stuff, a real dark and moody set. Suits Scotland perfectly.

Gary.

Back