Scottish Bluebells

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
I know the correct name is Harebell but to me they are Scottish Bluebells:)
bluebell1.jpg

bluebells2.jpg

No 2 for me Sawman love the colours and the dappled light (y)

Yep I agree with Mitch. Its fantastic that second one.

The dewdrops too! (y)

Nice shots - agree with with madmitch on number 2 being the better! But both crackers!

Great shots SM ... (y) ... especially the second where the colours are so vibrant and the dewdrops just add so much to the image ... ;)

:p

lovely lovely flowers.

The second is a bit all over the place compositionally, and the crisp black background does nothing for me, certainly not for wildflowers. The crisp dewdrops and mottled shadows are lovely, though.
The first has a much more delicate flowing composition, although I'd still be tempted to crop in some (maintaining aspect ratio). The background is a bit harsh with the sharp tonal changes, but overall much more pleasing than the second. Overall pretty great, but I'd still be tempted to get back to these whilst they're still in flower and shoot them some more, I think there's more to be had here.

lovely lovely flowers.

The second is a bit all over the place compositionally, and the crisp black background does nothing for me, certainly not for wildflowers. The crisp dewdrops and mottled shadows are lovely, though.
The first has a much more delicate flowing composition, although I'd still be tempted to crop in some (maintaining aspect ratio). The background is a bit harsh with the sharp tonal changes, but overall much more pleasing than the second. Overall pretty great, but I'd still be tempted to get back to these whilst they're still in flower and shoot them some more, I think there's more to be had here.

Ok but the background is as it was. It was in deep shade

I wasn't suggesting it was artificial in any way, just that in this instance I don't think it makes for a strong shot :)

Number 2 but both very nice shots (y)

Being honest I prefer no 1 myself.

THAT....is because you are probably a nature person and not an arty farty person!!! :D

but I do agree.. they both are super shots, in their own right.

Thats not you & me agreeing on something is it!!!. I am just a simple country lad & I have to admit arty farty stuff as you call it is way over my head! This forum has a lot to answer for. A year ago I would never have pointed a camera at floories, though I have always enjoyed seeing them in the countryside.

Number 2! My wife was looking over my shoulder and shouted out thats lovely so it must be!!! :LOL:

Both excellent, but Num. 2 for me. as like you not into processing to much as above my head as well, but looking at these 2 photos you don't need it they are superb.

No probs. I did not arrange the composition in no2. Mother Nature did that. All I did was press a wee button on the camera. As has been stated before I look at nature for what is in front of me. I do not do all this arty stuff.

Back