Scottish Football

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
No
Sorry if this has been covered previously, but I have searched through the forums and can’t see the licensing rules for Scottish football.
I have been advised that Dataco does not apply to SPFL matches, so I am wondering what licensing covers Scottish football, if any?
I take commercial photography, mascots, hospitality etc for a Scottish league team and have covered match photos for the club when official club photographer wasn’t available.

I just want to make sure that what I am thinking is within the rules, as I do not know what the restrictions are, and I would hate to fall foul through naivety.

Is there another organisation that covers licensing in Scotland (SPFL) or is it up to the club to give media accreditation on an individual basis, whether freelance, agency or newspaper?

If I was to have the opportunity to take match photography with accreditation from the club, could I offer these pictures to a 3rd party i.e. Getty, if I was a Getty contributor? Or offer to an agency, newspaper myself, just like any other accredited match photographer.

Or am I way off the mark……………….

Sorry if this is long winded but I just like to know what the process is.

Many Thanks,

Back