Scottish Mountains

Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
HI all.
I took this shot in Scotland some time in Feb.
For the life of me I can't remember where but it is not far from Oban.
I have slightly tweaked the colours.
Is there anything I could do to make it better.
Thanks for looking.
Scotish_Mountains_TP.jpg

the mountain is the hollow mountain - Ben Cruachan, (the far away peaks and ridge with patches of snow, the nearest peak is the taynuilt peak) looks like the photo was taken on the taynuilt kilchrenan road on the west side of loch awe (i used to live in taynuilt and had a view of ben cruachan from my bedroom window)

a really nice shot which is typical of the argyll landscape, ben cruachan is a bit far away but i really like the warm sunlight on the hills in the FG. i would be tempted to crop some of the sky off to help the image.

a big thankyou for sharing

dave

Last edited:
Thank you for the location :D:D:D

You have caught a really nice image - nice composition and colours. As for improvement for the current image I would suggest cropping the sky to the bottom of the cloud level in the RH top of the image. For improvement at the time of shooting a polariser filter to bring out that blue sky.

Tom

the mountain is the hollow mountain - Ben Cruachan, (the far away peaks and ridge with patches of snow, the nearest peak is the taynuilt peak) looks like the photo was taken on the taynuilt kilchrenan road on the west side of loch awe (i used to live in taynuilt and had a view of ben cruachan from my bedroom window)

a really nice shot which is typical of the argyll landscape, ben cruachan is a bit far away but i really like the warm sunlight on the hills in the FG. i would be tempted to crop some of the sky off to help the image.

a big thankyou for sharing

dave

Is Ben Cruachan the "hollow mountain" where the hydro electric station is? Or am I way off the track?

Good shot, agree with dave about losing a bit of the sky.

dave

Thank you for the time and comments, I will crop and see what it is like.

Scotland_Mountains_cropped_tp.jpg

Is this better or have I taken the crop to low?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Is Ben Cruachan the "hollow mountain" where the hydro electric station is? Or am I way off the track?

Good shot, agree with dave about losing a bit of the sky.

dave

the very same! on the loch awe side of cruachan in the old crater, they built a dam and there is now a reservoir up there, the water then falls down a shaft and turns the turbines inside the mountain, and hey presto! electricity!

well worth a visit, inside the mountain is like a film set from james bond!

cheers

i think the crop works much better

dave

Back