Wild Scottish Pine Marten

Mark superb as always,would you be so kind as to outline how you came about making these images. Mustalidae(sp? ) are a great love of mine I presume a flash was used ,but i'm sort of more interested in the FC side of things,these can't be easy to find at all .

Simply wonderful Mark,

many thanks

stu

Stu, no flash used in these images. There is a constant light source here. The big issue is trying to not blow the chest/neck patch but still get the full animal out of shadow.This was on the edge of some woodland a friend has and he has been feeding them for a few years. He has 2 or 3 different Marten during a good evening but it can be zero as well. I was using a 70-200 lens for the above images but at times I was using a 600f4 as well.

Wow, no flash... I shouldn't presume my humble apologies Mark :banghead:. They are utterly fab ,I know I say that alot,they are it is how it is

So these are fairly bold,that's what comes from years of effort..... fair play to your friend Mark,mind I have to say I could make an effort for a marten Apologies again,I know nothing of them presumed nocturnal for some reason hence the gaff. Mark this is silly but the ferns for some reason don't quite sit ????

Stunning I'm pretty envious right now :D i'm pretty happy with my lot normally ,so that says something.;)

stu

Stu, just a natural old log which the Forrest is taking over again, the ferns are all natural and growing out of the old log. My friend had some lights set up hence no need for flash although I spent time near a small Lochan and caught a Marten with some fill flash. Marten will come out during the early evening in the summer even when it’s light as they need to feed and the short summer nights don’t provide enough hours for them to get their fill. Also this time of the year they can be teaching the kitts how to find food.So all in a good time to catch a glimpse of a Marten.

It's the angle they are growing at I think Mark I think that's what grabbed me?? A group of animals I'd really love to have time for,one day maybe
many thanks mate TFS

Gotcha that's what I'm seeing,Mark. We worked in a fern nursery for a while so I have a little knowledge of ferns and it's that caught my eye. Ferns or no still a cracking couple of images :)

cheers

Back