Screen calibration and recommend device

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I am looking to calibrate my screen properly and thinking about getting a screen calibrater. Unfortunately it appears to be a confusing world that my post Christmas brain which hardly knows what day of the week it is anymore can cope with. I have tried searching but not found the exact answers I am after, which is wha would you recommend to use, Spyder offer 3 levels of device, some of the previous threads seem to imply the hardware is exactly the same but it the software that gives you the extra features, and using DisplayCal with the SpyderExpress is the best, can anyone shed any light on this for me.

Also how does the Spyder compare to the X-rite colourmunki, any preferences or is it simply go for the best deal?

Thank you in advance

Used a spyder 3 Pro (for multiple displays) and their own software. Currently got a spyder 4 elite which I got second hand from here after my 3 broke. Also now using the displaycal software, takes much much longer to perform a full calibration. Whether it's any better I can't really tell by eye but prints seem fine (as they did with the spyder software) .

Personally I would avoid Datacolor products, look at the Colormunki Display or Display Pro, the colorimeter used in the x-rite products has the potential to provide a better and more consistent monitor profile...remember too that if you are processing for print then the monitor calibration and profile is only a small part of the equation.

Why? Seems harsh
Did say personally... from a good few years experience, again this is only personal experience but I have come across more users having problems getting good results with Datacolor than X-Rite.

I had the spyder3pro and was not happy with both screens being calibrated the same. Bought an i1displaypro and am happy with the calibration on both screens.

Did say personally... from a good few years experience, again this is only personal experience but I have come across more users having problems getting good results with Datacolor than X-Rite.

Yes - sure, I understand but, avoid is quite a strong anti-preference. (I personally don't like brussel sprouts but would feel awkward telling people to avoid them).

How come? My old 3 Pro calibrated both of my old dell's fine independently.
Not sure if it was due to the version of osx, as support said I would have to upgrade but even in the previous version of osx it was the same, so just bought an i1displaypro and have been happy with it.

Back