Screen calibration - What to buy

Name
Hans
Edit My Images
No
I have a laptop, a 51" plasma, and a 24" lcd pc screen im using for pictured editing. The 51" plasma is just useless, so i bought a 15" Asus laptop to use for picture editing.
After a time im going to use the 24" lcd pc screen connected to the asus laptop to get a bigger picture, and better resolution.

Am not a pro, so i dont need a "Hypercalibration-kit", iam just a happy amateurphotograph.

So, im just wondering, which screen calibration system is recomended? I have read good things about colorvision spyder 2,3 and 4. Is this some of the best on the market?

And what is the biggest difference between the Spyder 2, 3 and 4? Im thinking to spend arround 50-100£.

Best regards

Hans

What screen type is your laptop?
I have a new laptop that has turned up today and I have been looking into calibrators. It seems that the older ones wont cope with an LED screen.
Its looking like ill have to get a Spyder 4 at some point as my screen is LED.

I bought a Spyder 4 Pro at the same time I bought a 24" Samsung LED monitor and believe me the difference a properly calibrated display makes is enormous not just in editing in photoshop but making sure the finished print matches what you see on screen.

Also very easy to set up - make sure you download the latest version of the Spyder software from the datacolor website first

Back