Screen flicker

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
My fujitsu siemens 19" flat screen flickers every so often, then turns completely white :thinking: I have to turn it off, wait a few seconds and then turn it on. Also the mouse froze so i turned the PC off then it wouldn't reboot after several attempts. I left it about 12 hours and all is fine thinking the HD had failed (7 yrs old). Is it all on the way out ?

Probably overheating, are the vents clear? and if there's a fan is it working?

sounds like an overheating issue. are all the cooling fans spinning inside the PC (processor, north/southbridge and graphics card) ?

yeah the fans is working it was you could hear at one stage, also the vents were blocked by pieces of paper leant up against it, so there are safety systems built in to stop damage occuring which stopped the PC from booting ?
Thanks.

there will be a fan on the processor, and if you have a seperate graphics card it probably has a fan on it as well. the fan you can hear will be the power supply fan.

check all the fans internally, as if the processor is overheating because it's fan isn't working it'll burn itself out.

Back