Screen grab

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
:help:This may be a basic question, but, on Windows XP is there a way of taking and saving what's on the screen at any given moment?

Have a look at this, it allows you to capture any area of the screen and save the file as a jpg, BMP etc and its free.

Just need to press the Print Screen (or PrtScr) button.

You can then paste the image into Word or Paint or PowerPoint, etc.

if you press

ctrl ,alt and then the prtSc key (holdng them down at same time)

this grabs the screen then open a word document and right click and paste

if you press

ctrl ,alt and then the prtSc key (holdng them down at same time)

this grabs the screen then open a word document and right click and paste

You don't need the CTRL and ALT for the entire screen.

If you just want the window with focus to be grabbed, then press ALT/PRTSCRN and paste this into a doc/mspaint etc

cmd+shift+4 this auto saves as a png!

Oh no wait that's OS X. Much easier (as always :D)

There is a snipping tool on Vista that is available for XP via the Microsoft download site. It allows as much or as little of the screen to be 'grabbed' that you want. You then simply save as a jpeg. I've used it a few times when a picture is more useful than my minuscule pc language skills.

Thanks to all that replied.

Strangely crtl+alt+prtscn dosen't work on my puter:shrug:???

However i managed to download a 30-day trial from that link Dogfish magnet (Thanks:notworthy:) provided.

Job done.

Thanks to all that replied.

Strangely crtl+alt+prtscn dosen't work on my puter:shrug:???

However i managed to download a 30-day trial from that link Dogfish magnet (Thanks:notworthy:) provided.

Job done.

That could be because you don't need the CTRL/ALT.

Press the PRTSCRN button (without CTRL/ALT), click START, type mspaint and press enter, then press CTRL/V, accept the message asking if you want to increase the canvas size. Edit and save as required format. Job done.

[Press the PRTSCRN button (without CTRL/ALT), click START, type mspaint and press enter, then press CTRL/V, accept the message asking if you want to increase the canvas size. Edit and save as required format. Job done.[/QUOTE]

Works a treat for me but after clicking START I have to click on RUN then type mspaint in the box. I never got a message about the canvas size.

Learn something every day I do. Maybe because I start from a position of ignorance? :LOL:

There is a snipping tool on Vista that is available for XP via the Microsoft download site. It allows as much or as little of the screen to be 'grabbed' that you want. You then simply save as a jpeg. I've used it a few times when a picture is more useful than my minuscule pc language skills.

I use the snipping Tool as well. Very quick and easy. (y)

[Press the PRTSCRN button (without CTRL/ALT), click START, type mspaint and press enter, then press CTRL/V, accept the message asking if you want to increase the canvas size. Edit and save as required format. Job done.

Works a treat for me but after clicking START I have to click on RUN then type mspaint in the box. I never got a message about the canvas size.

Learn something every day I do. Maybe because I start from a position of ignorance? :LOL:[/quote]

Oops forgot the run :wacky:

Back