screen protector

I believe GGS or Giotto ones are pretty good. Personally I've just used the cheap ones you can find off eBay etc and they do the job. An absolute nuisance fitting though with all the bubbles that form etc.

GGS - six layers of glass and other "stuff"

Isn't the GGS claimed to be blast proof? I think I read this somewhere o_O.
If so, you won't have a camera left, but you'll have a scratch-free screen :).

Last edited:
I have these on my Pentax. Cheap, easy to install and not a scratch after several years.

Does anyone know where you can buy GGS protectors from? I can't find any on eBay.

Might be worth seeing what's available through Amazon.

yes amazon.co.uk have got them order one for the 7d last night £9.12 free pnp top lcd and back lcd screens

Last edited:
You can buy a couple of iPad ones from poundland and cut them up to size.

I personally don't bother with these things, but know people who do and who claim it works ok.

How hard is it to fit the GGS ones on? Do you get those bubbles trapped inside like with the cheap ones if you don't apply really carefully?

I just received mine from Amazon too, for my Nexes and Nikons.
The packs come with everything you need: instructions, wipes, soft cloth- all in a hard case.
I payed about £9, free delivery from Germany.

How hard is it to fit the GGS ones on? Do you get those bubbles trapped inside like with the cheap ones if you don't apply really carefully?

Really easy, just make sure you line it up before applying pressure, the profile fits exactly to my D800 screen so it pretty much looks like part of the camera

Simon

No you don't get bubbles as there is a thin strip of 3M sticky stuff around the edge so the glass doesn't actually touch the LCD (I suppose in reality that means there is one giant bubble underneath it :)).
They are simple to apply, just line it up on one edge and drop it into place - job done!

Back