Screen protectors

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Quick question is it worth putting on a rear screen protector to cameras, forgot to say I have Canon 1dx mk2/7d mk2

Last edited:
I think so, just to avoid those irritating scratches that always happen. I got a 'glass' one from eBay for my D3300 and you wouldn't know its there really.

Yep

I recently put a glass one on my new D750, got a damn bubble in there that I cant get out! :mad:

Always do and always use brotect air glass as it's thin, durable and if you mess up installation or get dust under you can try again as it's not an adhesive one.

Hi there :)
I'm new in photo world and I'm a little freak about my camera fuji X-PRO2. I'm wondering if there is any sense of buying any I dont know shields for screen (sorry for my english)? I have found something like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD-Scree...489531?hash=item36138185fb:g:WUoAAOSwTuJYtTRi
is it worth to buy it? It is not so expensive so maybe?

Try these...

FUJIFILM X-Pro2 LCD Screen Guard Protector Scratch Resistant Fuji JJC LCP-XPRO2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/76-Types-...hash=item4b143cd818:m:mTc4tBUWOSM0nnhvAiI31cQ

Depends whether your camera has one fitted during manufacture?

I use a Nikon D5300 and a Canon G7X both without a screen protector and now I'm wondering if I need one. How do I know if my cameras had one fitted during manufacture?

Nikon use to put clip on screen protector on their cameras from the factory but they've stopped doing that.

I have a screen protector and its a tempered glass one, very hard and strong. Worth getting for the price and easily replaceable if required. Make sure you get a tempered glass one as the plastic ones can wear.

Yes I see! I was thinking some kind of invisible added toughened layer that might come with new cameras nowadays.

I've inquired before about using a clear "filter" as a lens protector and the general consensus has been don't because lenses have a protective coating, however a hood is a good idea.

I just wonder how tough these screens are nowadays and whether touchscreen makes a difference. Google the subject and there a rash of people selling protectors but no comment or promises from manufacturers. And I wonder why Nikon no longer supply a clip on one ... because they're not needed?

My first Nikon digital cameras all came with the plastic ones already attached - I instantly threw them away

My latest Nikons don't come with them, and no I haven't bought any for them either

And also no, I don't scratch the screens, my face isn't that rough; but what I do do is treat my gear with respect & care, but if you're a clumsy arse then I guess they may be useful

Dave

Not on my 5D2 or 5D3, weirdly I decided to put them on my 5D4.

OATCgYx.jpg

Yes I see! I was thinking some kind of invisible added toughened layer that might come with new cameras nowadays.

I've inquired before about using a clear "filter" as a lens protector and the general consensus has been don't because lenses have a protective coating, however a hood is a good idea.

I just wonder how tough these screens are nowadays and whether touchscreen makes a difference. Google the subject and there a rash of people selling protectors but no comment or promises from manufacturers. And I wonder why Nikon no longer supply a clip on one ... because they're not needed?

A filter on a lens is a different issue. One for he reasons people don't want to use them is that they don't want another piece of glass of lesser quality on the lens in case it degrades image quality. But that's a different discussion that gets repeated ad nauseum on photo forums.

I have a clip on screen protector on my D700, and it's worked inasmuch as I've never smashed the screen, however, some sand got trapped between the protector and screen and ended up scratching the screen, which was a bit of an own goal. Needless to say, I bought a toughened glass self adhesive one when I bought my D810......

Ever since I scratched the screen on my Canon 350D many years ago I have always used one.

For less than a tenner you aren't losing anything, especially on a £4750 camera.

I use one of these - antiglare - £8.95. Or you can get, for £1 less, a clear one. - £7.95

My Nikon came clipped on and the Sony had one factory fitted but perhaps the newer models don't need them?

Saying that, I've never scratched a screen

Last edited:
Back