Screw on Arca Swiss Mount?

Edit My Images
Yes
I use the Peak Design Capture, and previously on my DSLR I have the Manfrotto mount. To use this with my Capture and my GorillaPod, I bought a Manfrotto Quick Change plate which just screwed onto the top of my GorillaPod and I could clip the camera into both without issue. See: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000JLK5PU

I've now changed to the Canon M50 and the Manfrotto plate for the Capture covers the battery cover, so I've bought the Microplate which is compatible with Arca Swiss tripods. Does anyone know of a similar adapter I can use on my GorillaPod that access Arca plates?

All I can find are the clamps, but I'm after a quick release:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harwerrel-...keywords=arca+swiss+quick+release+clamp&psc=1

Last edited:
Beware though, the lever types are more sensitive to all the slightly different size plates
Screw up types are far more reliable and don't need minute adjustments to be made

I have the Arca Swiss model I highlighted above and it categorically states only guaranteed when used with their own Arca Swiss plates.

Beware though, the lever types are more sensitive to all the slightly different size plates
Screw up types are far more reliable and don't need minute adjustments to be made

I have the Arca Swiss model I highlighted above and it categorically states only guaranteed when used with their own Arca Swiss plates.

When I was looking for a clamp to use with my BR Strap I considered the RRS lever clamp one..................though it sounded like a good idea but frankly I was concerned about hanging £000's worth of gear off of something that even if very small % chance might not hold tight enough 100% of the time without me checking it too often I opted for the Whimberley C-12 for its good angular grips vs the milled edge of the competition.

As in all things about choices of kit YMMV :)

I did some more research and found similar stories.

Changed my mind and opted for a screw type. Don't fancy hanging £00s off a Gorillapod only for the clamp to fail

That sentence was most likely written by their marketing department rather than their technical department.

That sentence was most likely written by their marketing department rather than their technical department.

Possibly, but the various plates are different in size and in some cases design, they can only guarantee something they know the specifications of.

Back