Scruffy Sod ... Too !

Edit My Images
No
This little cutie is the latest recruit ... to the house of Rog hand feeders ... :D

This years crop already moulting into his red breast ... he is so forward and confident though ... already taking ww's from our hands like a pro ... and fighting for the right with his peers ... and elders ... :eek:

He'd just had a bath and just posed ... while he shook and dried ... and posed ... and I went through about 25 - 30 shots ... not more than an arm's length away ... :p

Then I had to feed him of course ... :cautious:
RLG4595.jpg

And between ruffles ...
RLG4598.jpg

Hope you enjoy and TFL folks ... :p

Hmmm ... may be right ... :thinking:

Original ... only cropped ... otherwise straight out the camera ...

RLG4595_orig.jpg

Oooooh.. nice shot Rog - really sharp. White balance seems a bit off? I couldn't resist a play. :)

RLG4595_orig2.jpg

Nice shot! Here's me getting all excited because the birds are starting to come and eat the seed & nuts I put out, and you're hand feeding them :eek:

P-E said:
Come on then CT what did you do?
erm... altered the histogram curve, auto colour balance (for daylight) auto contrast, sharpened, and reduced background noise with a separate mask. That's it I think. :thinking:

:agree: really nice shots Rog

Good shots of an amusing subject, how did you manage to get them to hand feed?

Hacker said:
Good shots of an amusing subject, how did you manage to get them to hand feed?

Aah ... trade secret ... ;)

Actually ... the youngster just followed the adults lead and caught on pdq ... he will be the next patch contender I reckon ... (y)

Otherwise it is just patience and loadsa mealworms ... if you progress to wax worms as mine have they will hate going back to mw's ... :thinking:

Little beggars costa fortune ... but I wouldn't be without 'em ... got four hand feeding at the moment and loads waiting in the wings ... :eek:

:p

Excellent stuff Rog, very encouraging to see mother nature come up and sit with you

CT said:
Oooooh.. nice shot Rog - really sharp. White balance seems a bit off? I couldn't resist a play. :)

Nice one CT ... improves it dramatically ... (y) ... like it even more now ... ;)

The one thing I always forget is the WB change ... usually just leave on Auto ... :wacky:

he is a real character this one ... wouldn't surprise me if he isn't ruling the roost next season ... :boxer:

minimeeze said:
Nice shot! Here's me getting all excited because the birds are starting to come and eat the seed & nuts I put out, and you're hand feeding them :eek:

InaGlo said:
The Robins come pretty close in my garden but... handing feeding???
Tut, thats just not fair, lol!

Thanx Min ... appreciate the comments ... and just for you ... and InaGlo ... (don't tell anyone else ... ;) )

Here is our fave ... Boysie ... been coming to hand for around four years now ... old timer ... and we think he is the father of the subject in the thread ... cannot be sure of course ... :LOL:

Boysie.jpg

Hope you like ... :D

:p

InaGlo said:
OOOh! lovely!
Id love that ... if I could get past my aversion to worms, grubs, basically anything that wriggles, with or without legs!

Believe it or not ... every female that visits us just HAS to give it a go ... and hey presto ... aversion gone ... :shrug:

Back