Studio Scuptural Strangeness

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Gone a bit off-piste here.. I had a go at something like this ages ago and had been waiting for a chance to refine it. It's somewhat inspired by the work of Lois Greenfield but I intend to revisit the idea and take it somewhere different in the future. I've got loads more from the shoot to process but couldn't wait to get some of them out. On the rare occasions that I title images I usually just use the model's name and a number - but Roswell's shapes reminded me of the Greek alphabet, hence the pretentious names.

I don't have a pullback - I used a grey background and a stripbox either side. Post work was mainly cleaning up and extending the background as required.

All thoughts gratefully received :)

Roswell: Delta
by Simon Carter, on Flickr

Roswell: Sigma

Roswell: Psi

Yes, I know the flash wasn't fast enough to freeze the motion completely.. I need to save up for some Superfasts :/
There's a couple of mildly NSFW pics on my flickr feed if you want to see more.

They're a cool set I love how you shoot a lot of stuff out of the norm. The second is my favourite where you get more of a sense of the body. TBH the third looks a bit like me trying to change the duvet cover though as theres a bit too much material imo. A stretchier kind of material backlit to emphasise the form of the body within could be awesome if you could get something.

They're a cool set I love how you shoot a lot of stuff out of the norm. The second is my favourite where you get more of a sense of the body. TBH the third looks a bit like me trying to change the duvet cover though as theres a bit too much material imo. A stretchier kind of material backlit to emphasise the form of the body within could be awesome if you could get something.

Thanks Craig!

Backlit is definitely on the list, as is doing something without someone quite so enclosed by the fabric.
I see what you mean about duvets though I actually had Jacob Epstein at the back of my mind :D

In contrast to Craig I prefer the other two for the same reason he doesn't :D Three great shots with the first one being the one I keep going back to look at, probably because it took me a few seconds to work out the pose. Not so keen on the floor shadows but not sure what I would have in the circumstance.

In contrast to Craig I prefer the other two for the same reason he doesn't :D Three great shots with the first one being the one I keep going back to look at, probably because it took me a few seconds to work out the pose. Not so keen on the floor shadows but not sure what I would have in the circumstance.

Thanks Colin. When I've used a similar setup in the post I've arranged things to eliminate the floor shadows. I now tend to think that things look a bit ungrounded without but maybe I could get rid in this case.

Well, I'm going to say I personally prefer the 1st and 3rd for the same reasons as @Barrysprout. It must be a good set if different people take different things from it.

Hey these are cool, very cool ! Agree with Craig myself, that said I don't dislike one or three but number two does grab me more.
You's a clever fella for sure :)

Gaz

Back