SD card any free recovery software?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
An elderly neighbour wants me to look at her digital camera as she says she has accidentally deleted all the shots she took on her holiday last week.

Is there any way of recovering the shots and any free software that will do it?

Thanks

I've always used photo rescuepro that came free with sandisk cf cards, Have a bunch of them if you want one sending in the post, then drop me a pm.

It's also important not to use the the card again until you run recovery software

I've always used photo rescuepro that came free with sandisk cf cards, Have a bunch of them if you want one sending in the post, then drop me a pm.

It's also important not to use the the card again until you run recovery software

Gee whiz and thanks so much for the offer. (y)

I need to get my hands on her camera as she often has mishaps with home phone, mobile phone and other such things. I want to make sure I am well prepared. :D

Not sure if I dare admit it :eek:

I already have some software on my PC (rarely use as prefer my laptop) - recuva by same guys who do ccleaner which I use. I downloaded previously when I thought I had accidentally deleted shots until I realised I was getting my different SD cards mixed up.

I never actually needed to recover anything!!

The pics on the SD card were there but her digital camera was bust. From now on she will be buying a disposal camera.

Have a look at PCPro magazine. October's edition has some free software.

n.b. get it quick though as November's edition is due out now.

I've never had this problem either, but my wife deleted the shots on the card from a compact a few years ago. Local dealer (South Africa) wanted R250 - about £25 then - to recover them, but I remembered that I had a copy of RescuePro that came with a Sandisk reader at some point. It worked perfectly, and I used it a couple of times to help my daughter's friends who were in the same predicament. One of them offered to pay me for recovering the photographs of his trip to Namibia, but I told him I wasn't looking for money - I was happy to get the images back for him - and he bought me a bottle of single malt scotch. Well, he was a lawyer so I didn't feel too bad about it!

I never actually needed to recover anything!!

The pics on the SD card were there but her digital camera was bust. From now on she will be buying a disposal camera.

Saves me a detour tomorrow!

I am visiting a friend who's in Torbay hospital after a bike smash so wouldn't be a million miles from Totnes and woul happily have made the detour with a laptop with Rescue-Pro (the SanDisk recovery software ) loaded. May have to take the opportunuity to slide down to Brixham to see what Mifsuds have in their cabinets at the moment...

Saves me a detour tomorrow!

I am visiting a friend who's in Torbay hospital after a bike smash so wouldn't be a million miles from Totnes and woul happily have made the detour with a laptop with Rescue-Pro (the SanDisk recovery software ) loaded. May have to take the opportunuity to slide down to Brixham to see what Mifsuds have in their cabinets at the moment...

You are a star.

I hope your friend is OK and I hope you enjoy looking what Mifsuds have to tempt you :clap:

Back