SD Card Failure.

Name
Nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have 2 Lexar SD cards both bought roughly the same time 4 yrs ago.

One has just failed on me, took a photo. Looked at camera to take another and showed error.

I’m away at the moment so can’t put the card in my proper computer but did in a small laptop and card isn’t even recognised.

Only lost 2 days of photos thankfully but included are ones I would like to recover as I’ll not get the chance of that subject again.

What are my chances of recovery and can anyone recommend anything?
Are professional services expensive?

Thank you.

I recently had the same issue. I recovered the files (business stuff, so was important - much gnashing of teeth and swearing ensued prior to recovery) using a programme called EaseUS. It is expensive, (£70...) but you can do a trial with a 500MB limit.

NB - many of the JPGs were weird, i.e. cut-n-shut, where bottom of a photo got merged with top.of.other. But the CR2 files were fine.

Thank you. That worked for you even though the card wasn’t recognised.

I’ll take a look when I get home.

Thanks for the response

Correct - every time I put card in PC it asked if I wanted to format it and claimed it to be corrupt. Good luck!

Lexar do their own recovery software. Mine came with my first Lexar card - never used it but I believe it can be downloaded.

When I ran the EaseUS SW, I found it had a knack of seeing data that my PC couldn't see. i.e. if I looked at the card through their SW.

If you buy a Sandisk card you get the recovery software with it and it works on all makes not just Sandisk ;)

Back