Beginner SD Cards with WiFi

Edit My Images
Yes
My D3400 that should be delivered tomorrow - it has Bluetooth only - but wonder if it’s worth investing in one of these cards for extra convenience.

Anyone got opinions or experience?

I've used Toshiba FlashAir cards in a few of my pre-Wifi cameras. They work OK with their app on iPhone. The later versions allow you to connect the card>phone>Wifi router which is quicker to upload to social media etc. than connecting card>phone - disconnect WiFi phone>Wifi router. Still a fiddle to set up.
They used to be pretty cheap on eBay and Amazon but the prices were very high last time I looked.

Since I got my Olympus E-M10 I've been using its built in WiFi and Olympus OShare app. One major advantage is the camera is used to resize the JPG image before its transferred which speeds things up. Moving +16MP JPG files is S L O W ....

If you're looking to move a lot of pictures to a phone then a card reader to OTG connection might be quicker and simpler in the long run.

Thx AMc - I see the Nikon only transfers 2Gb files maximum over Bluetooth. I’ll try shuffling the SD card and see how I get on. Some or most of the reviews of such cards are negative.

I use a Eye-Fi card -> Samsung S7 - Google cloud. Works for me as a decent workflow.

Others have recommended BackBlazer (I keep calling it for BallBlazer for some reason but anyway) which is criminally cheaper compared to google drive and one drive. Personally I would have probably went the backblazer route if I looked into it before setting everything up with google drive.

Back