SD Cards

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
What is the difference between the Pro SD card and the standard one ?.

Probably about £50. What make is the Pro SD card that your looking at. It's probably the Pro card has some sort of virus protection or something similar embedded into it.

Probably about £50. What make is the Pro SD card that your looking at. It's probably the Pro card has some sort of virus protection or something similar embedded into it.

Thanks.

Not really looking at a Pro SD Card, just curious.(y)

I guess you mean the Pro SD card have more xxmb per sec on the write speed?

For me that impacts on recording video more then still images.

When i use a 30mb/sec card and a 95mb/sec SanDisk card i can't tell a different when shooting stills but when recording video, it make a huge different on the read and write speed.

Last edited:
When i use a 30mb/sec card and a 95mb/sec SanDisk card i can't tell a different when shooting stills but when recording video, it make a huge different on the read and write speed.

That's going to depend on your camera, whether you shoot RAW or JPEG (or both) and how many shots you take. The write speed of the card really only comes into play once the camera's internal memory buffer is full, so if you're only taking 1 shot every few seconds then the difference will not be seen. Take 100 frames of RAW at 8fps - there may be a difference between the cards, depending on your kit (y)

Yeah, i shoot RAW only but like you said i don't go nuts on the burst lol.

In general photography then it doesn't matter but for fast sports photography where burst is the key factor then yeah.

For video work it will definite worth getting.

I think the SanDisk class 10 is pretty good for general use and the price is cheap online as well.

Back