SD memory

Name
Sean Logie
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning peeps,
been up since 5 o-clock this morning, and man o man is it glorious ,should've been out snappin ,been doing a bit of research and my mind's minced,information overload .All i'm after is a new SD memory card.I'm after two 2GB cards ,i've seen some really cheap (my kinda deal) and some not so cheap.Anyone heard of Pulse memory cards? ,there doing 2GB for £4.99,4GB for £9.50 .Buy or :exit:. I know what your saying (ya lazy git,do your own leg work :D).What do people on here use is all am asking ,ta for looking :)

Mornin'

I've read some horror stories about el cheapo SD cards (and CF for that matter) so I've always stuck to Sandisc and not had a problem with them to date. Flash memory is so cheap at the mo it's hardly worth the effort of buying anything but a reputable make. Play.com seem reasonably priced : http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/-/269/349/3-/RegionHome.html?searchtype=genre

Hi Gofer ,it was a Sandisk i had ,but it fell apart,i've cleared my mind now and i agree with you on this .There would be nowt worse than to have bought a cheapy and to have it fail .Thanks for the shake up i needed (y)

7dayshop are doing some good deals on SD. I bought some of their "unbranded" line and when they came they were Toshiba-branded. I haven't had any failures with them in over 40,000 pictures.Well worth a look....

The fall-apart Sandisk may have been a fake, especially if bought from an eBay seller. There are guides around telling you how to spot the fakes. Having said that, my very first 2GB card was a fake, and hasn't been a problem. The next one (genuine) will only work in an SDHC reader and Sandisk must feel it's less hassle to provide a suitable reader with e.g. their 4GB card.

I tested the Play.com own-brand 2GB cards and they're about a third the speed of an Extreme III or Kingston 133x, so expect a longer wait when transferring files to hard drive, if you go for a card that doesn't have any details of its speed rating.

7dayshop are doing some good deals on SD. I bought some of their "unbranded" line and when they came they were Toshiba-branded. I haven't had any failures with them in over 40,000 pictures.Well worth a look....

ditto same as me never had a problem (y)

mymemory.co.uk is good, own branded stuff has been fine for me, my sd cards have been shoved into various devices (wii, laptop, camera, handbag,etc) and I've never had any problems. Play.com are cheaper for the branded stuff.

Back