SD or MMC Card?

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am just about to buy the Canon G10. This camera takes SD or MMC cards or their varients. Are there any advantages of using one over the other?

Thanks for looking.

Alex:)

MMC never picked-up as well as SD. I'd stick with SD.

Can you still buy MMC cards??? I thought they'd died off given that they were the same size and pinout as SD but slower and limited to lower capacities.

...also SDHC is the same only with more capacity.
The g10 should easily work on that.
rememebr get teh highest class...they tend to write to the disk faster, therefore you can take shots faster.
Also, the Extreme III seems to be popular and v.fast, but expensive too.

...also SDHC is the same only with more capacity.
The g10 should easily work on that.
rememebr get teh highest class...they tend to write to the disk faster, therefore you can take shots faster.
Also, the Extreme III seems to be popular and v.fast, but expensive too.

Agreed, with the caveat that SDHC uses a slightly different interface, so will only work with devices designed for it. The G10 certainly should be able to use it, but any SD card readers you may have will probably not work unless they are very recent models...

I use Trancend 4gb SDHC cards, which are £5.05 through Amazon marketplace, and I also have a £1.98 ebay SDHC card reader that actually transfers faster than my inbuilt card slot in my Dell Laptop. SDHC is definatly the way forward.

Back