SD to CF adapters - any good?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No
I see the prices of SD cards are looking a lot better than similar CF, and the speeds have caught up at least on paper.

I found this and couple other CF to SD adapters:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KOMPUTERBA...&qid=1480345978&sr=8-21&keywords=cf+card&th=1

Would this be any good to stick in 5D3 and will it allow the maximum speed?

(The native SD slot in 5D3 is terribly slow. It's OK for landscapes but it won't sustain high fps shooting for long at all).

I use one of those adapters in my (now spare) 50D with SDHC cards and have had no problems. I also have use Toshiba FlashAir WiFi SDHC cards in the adapter and connected to my IPad to view and post pictures wirelessly from the 50D successfully. Don't expect flat out burst rates for this typle of mrmory card solution.

I've not used the one listed in your link, but I have used a couple of SD to CF adapters in the past and found them to be very slow at writing to the SD card. The adapter also introduces another set of contacts as a potential failure point.

I soon gave up using my adapters and just use CF cards.

Chris

What size and speed you looking for the card? I got a few CF card I might put on the sales forum, so keep and eye on it.

I tried to use one ages ago in my 7D and the SD card wasn't recognised. From Maplin - cannot remember make

I tried to use one ages ago in my 7D and the SD card wasn't recognised. From Maplin - cannot remember make
I had an unbranded one off EBay which eorked for a short while then packed in.

My main reason for buying was wireless transfer via the IPad using the Toshiba cards. Now my 50D is a spare and my EOS M has the card, the M10 and 750D have on-board WiFi.

I have a couple of spare FlashAir cards so if I need to fire up the 50D, they are available.

Back