Seagulls

Name
Perry
Edit My Images
Yes
I now feel brave enough to put a couple of pictures up of my first attempt at taking some flight pictures of seagulls.

InFlight.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

Any comments and advice welcome.

Thanks

They are actually not too bad at all for your first pics and you have managed to freeze the action on the Black-headed Gulls quite nicely too ... (y)

Try to avoid centring the subject in such pics as they mostly look better offset with some space to 'fly into' if you know what I mean ... :shrug:

The water is exposed well and nicely blurred, especially in the top shot but you have also over exposed the whites a little and that is just a matter of adjusting your metering to account for the mostly white subject ... :thinking:

But they are very good overall for your first posting especially for such a difficult subject imgo ... :D

:p

Thanks for the advice, I know what you mean about the space thing, (just read the thirds rule thing) so will keep that in mind.

I have not adjusted the pictures so that's pretty much how they came out so maybe I should have a play in CS2 or Capture to adjust the exposure ??

Thanks again though for the comments. :)

very sharp
and composition not bad
space to travel into is a good thing
but even so (y)(y)

You should check out Tring reservoirs..not that far from you if you go down the a41 bypass..plenty of wildlife to practice on there.:)

Yep! Not bad, I really like the second one! :)

Back