North England Seals in North West

Name
Euge
Edit My Images
Yes
I did a quick search but couldn't see anything so apologies if this is a re-post... Can anyone recommend locations to shoot Seals in the North West? I have been across to Donna Nook in the past but cant really be bothered with the drive so wanted to see if there want anything closer? I am guessing there must be some where along the North Wales / Anglesey coast?

Cheers
Euge

How did you get on?
I will PM you a location as I don't want the world and his mate to see :)

Puffin Island has lots of seals. Only problem is that you are not supposed to land on there. If you take one of the boat trips round the island you'll usually see lots of them at the far end lazing on the rocks.

If you can travel up to Barrow there are a lot to be seen on Walney Island.

winchman - I never actually made it! I got engulfed in Birthdays and Christmas and didnt make it out with the camera. I might head across in January and see if there are any about, even if there are no Seals i am sure i will find something to point a camera at :)

mickledore - Didn't know about Walney Island, its only 2 hours away so will put that on my list of photo locations to try :) Thanks

I would second Puffin Island - my kids are into kayaking and have been really close to the seals there.

closer to home is hilbre island off the wirral, you need to suss out the tides to get on it though as you can only walk to it on low tide from west kirkby

If you walk to Hilbre then Hoyle Bank has a small population, look on a map or google to locate, but you would need a longish lens.

Back