Seamless Paper BG Rolls.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
My first time I'm thinking of buying one - anyone have any advice on what make to go for, and where to shop for them?

Nothing fancy, just plain white and good value :)

I order mine from Calumet. No idea of where they are on the price scale but I always get what I need, when they say I will.

Thanks Rob, they look very reasonable - I'm a little unsure of what size to get, I wouldn't mind using it for 1/2 to maybe 2/3rds shots sometimes, Would you think 1.35m would be to narrow?
I have space for around a 1.8m width, but that would mean having to cut down a 2.75m roll and wasted cost.

thats a sweet deal indeed, I think I will be ordering from them - they seem to have nice reviews and reasonable prices. Think I'll wait until the new year though and get rolls when I get some other kit :)

Sorry to jump in.

Are the rolls simply thick paper, or are they somethign different.
I use muslin at the moment and fed up with getting the creases out all the time and worrying if it rips, so thinking of paper.

Sorry to jump in.

Are the rolls simply thick paper, or are they somethign different.
I use muslin at the moment and fed up with getting the creases out all the time and worrying if it rips, so thinking of paper.

Trust me the paper is the way to go.. I have done the muslin and now would not go back..

md

i love the enthusiasm.
Things i got to think about is transporting it in the car to my studio (i rent a place out) and if 2.72m is wide enough for a group shot, as i have a 3m wide stand and still sometimes have to PS white bits around the people.

i love the enthusiasm.
Things i got to think about is transporting it in the car to my studio (i rent a place out) and if 2.72m is wide enough for a group shot, as i have a 3m wide stand and still sometimes have to PS white bits around the people.

If you have a roofrack you can get a down pipe with stop ends that you can slide your paper into for transporting.. weather sealed also..

always worth a thought..

md

Yep, I am with MD on this, I got one this weekend from photomart.co.uk [they are only up the road from me, so not sure if cheapest but certainly most convenient, I can walk in and buy] and boy do they make a huge difference over muslin. I had a load of karate kids stomping all over the first couple of meters but its still very useable, no need to cut off yet and with 11metres on the roll, should get a few more uses out of it.

oh, and for reference the 2.73 wide roll fits in a short wheel base scenic, albeit with it resting on slightly to left of dashboard.

i love the enthusiasm.

I can email you later with what it look slike with two people on it, when I did a wide shot that inclused edges, later cropped out of course, if you want?

I can email you later with what it look slike with two people on it, when I did a wide shot that inclused edges, later cropped out of course, if you want?

Yes please.

oh, and for reference the 2.73 wide roll fits in a short wheel base scenic, albeit with it resting on slightly to left of dashboard.

Thats that question answered ...... i have a swb scenic !!!! :D

Im thinking for the future aswell as im booked for a prom and use and cut woudl be alot better than using cloth.

Ta all, and again sorry for jumping in. :D

EDIT :

YES, yes yes.

:LOL: ok dear, consider it done, but later when I am allowed my desktop back :wacky:

Looking forward to it.. And looking forward to a night out in the big smoke with me and mine and you and yours..

md

So Rob thats all sorted you need and will be getting a roll of paper.

if you want ill pm you where i got mine from..

md

Back