NSFW Sean Lock has died

Feels wrong to like an RIP thread but the clip deserves it! Loved his appearances on 8/10 Cats (Does Countdown) and other panel shows, a true master of his art.

Had no idea he was ill. A truly funny man. RIP.
He was a real character, a sad loss. :(

I surmise he was possibly a very private man and only those closest to him were aware of just ill he was.

Loved 8 out of 10 cats does countdown - him, Jon & Jimmy were excellent together. I thought over the last year or so he looked a bit ill. Very sad, hilarious with a great delivery.

Wonderful comedian. Rest in Peace Sean.

He’s looked thin for a while and his voice also went quite gruff and gritty. My wife said a while back she was sure he had cancer; she worked in a hospice for a while in her nursing career so knows the signs. I wonder if it was throat cancer originally? Real shame he died so young whatever, a very funny guy. RIP Sean.

Yes, he IMO just seemed naturally funny. He may have had to work hard at it but to me he made it look natural :D

RIP and thanks for the laughs.

Last edited:
He’s looked thin for a while and his voice also went quite gruff and gritty. My wife said a while back she was sure he had cancer; she worked in a hospice for a while in her nursing career so knows the signs. I wonder if it was throat cancer originally? Real shame he died so young whatever, a very funny guy. RIP Sean.

I wondered whether he was ill a while ago as well as he didn't look very good and had a few seemingly unexpected substitutions.

Loved this quote from Harry Hill, from when Sean was in the hospice.

“I asked him what it was like, and he said: ‘It’s okay actually and the sex is amazing.’”

Will be sadly missed, a good laugh is always a good thing.

It was sad news. :( A very funny man.

He apparently had skin cancer when he was younger from woking topless on building sites (thankfully they don't allow that anymore), caught by a one night stand, when the woman he was with asked him about the black mark on his back he was oblivious to. He credited her with getting him another 30+ years. Sadly succumbing to Lung Cancer.

So many funny clips to remember him by on YT, many still have me nearly in tears. :ROFLMAO: Seemingly respected by all his peers, and love of family aside, you can't ask for more than that.

RIP, thanks for the laughs. (y):)

Back