Search Engine Optimisation - Weebly

Name
Lynda
Edit My Images
Yes
Wonder if someone can help me (simple language please)

I created a webite using weebly ages ago (basic I know but it's a trial thing)
I've added the following into the search engine optimisation bit but the site still won't show in any search engines. I've used weebly for a couple of other sites and it is fine. I'm wondering if my choice of web name (seemed good at the time) is restricting the searches. (www.lyndaparkerimages.co.uk) It works if you click on the link but not if you search for the site

This is the text that is in the optimisation bit -lynda parker,Photography,photos,blyth,lynda,parker,images,astley,society,gigs,roller,people,landscapes,lynda parker images,lynda parker photography,lynda parker photos,lynda parker pictures,lynda parker,gig photography,portrait photography,

Any ideas. BTW, I am not technically minded so if I am being a complete hmm-wit please excuse me. ;)

ok lol, I kinda get that, but should google not have picked up the search tags. It did for the other sites I've done. :shrug:

If it has not visited or "seen" your site yet it will not know the tags are there so the site will not show in any results yet. It can take up to 2 weeks for it to be found and then the more it visits the more it will have indexed.

As Susie says, plus keyword tags don't carry any positive effect, they're outdated.

Position in the search engines is based on Titles, Headings, Content and Inbound Links. The only effect keyword tags can have is negative, if you spam them, also you can use them to trick your naive competitors in what keywords you are targeting.

If you do decide to look further into SEO you probably want to focus on fewer phrases to start with and also ones that will convert. I can't see 'society' as a high-converting keyword for a photography business.

Ok, thanks for the replies. All taken on board. It's not really intended as a business website yet, just something for info for the clubs and stuff I'm involved in but I will make some amendments based on what you've said and some glaring mistakes I've just noticed.

Cheers peeps.
(y)

Back