Seascale beach

Name
Jay Payne
Edit My Images
Yes
Taken on a recent trip to Seascale what do you reckon? C+C appreciated (y)

Seascale%20Beach(framed%20small).jpg

Thanks for looking

I quite like this but maybe because it is very close to where I live. The foreground rocks do look a bit dark but you need some strong FG interest to balance the fairly plain sky. To me it's not a "stunner" but I would be very pleased to have produced a shot like this.
Sunset at a very low tide is best at Seascale, you get some super rock/pool seascapes.

I think it needs to be softer. It is too contrasty, and there is a lost bit in the middle as a result. The shadows in the foreground rocks are too black and stark, and the sky seems to be both pale and noisy. Can you not just pull it all in a bit, but also build up the sky?

I'll give the processing another crack the rocks do look a little dark on reflection, I think the noise in the sky was created when I filtered the red channel when I converted to BW thanks for the comments (y)

I quite like this but maybe because it is very close to where I live. The foreground rocks do look a bit dark but you need some strong FG interest to balance the fairly plain sky. To me it's not a "stunner" but I would be very pleased to have produced a shot like this.
Sunset at a very low tide is best at Seascale, you get some super rock/pool seascapes.

Cheers Donna, I was there in the afternoon unfortunately and the sun was in an awkward position which caused the dark shadows on the rocks maybe I should have tried using the flash to give more detail? maybe next time (y)

Back