Seascape sunset

I'm not sure why you didn't clean up CA and just state about the cheap lens. Fix it and its fine. The image is a bit simple; there is hardly anything going on. You could try to make the foreground look more involving, find some interesting rocks, play with the waves... It needs some directionality and dynamics.

I like this. Just the right amount of movement in the sea and I like the light on the rocks. Someone (yourself?) standing to the right or left looking out to the view would have given the frame a definite subject. If you got into software and pulled out some drama for the sky it would give the shot more impact. But that's just my opinion.

That's a nice shot Neil (ignore the above post!). I like the different tones in the sea.

What was the location?

I think if you walk along way to your right, angled left and made more of the light hitting the rocks, and placed the setting sun over to the right with the beach on a diagonal this could work.

The elements of something great is here, you've just not cohesively tied them together in the composition but exposure, focus looks fine at web res

Just seen from your Flickr that it's cornwall (y)

I think if you walk along way to your right, angled left and made more of the light hitting the rocks, and placed the setting sun over to the right with the beach on a diagonal this could work.

The elements of something great is here, you've just not cohesively tied them together in the composition but exposure, focus looks fine at web res

Would it have not been easier to just say, try again? :D As for the tying the elements together in composition,why should he,or anyone come to that?If everyone who visited that spot took the shot from a diferent perspective,then nobody would ever get to see a picture of the location from the perspective Neil has chose.Other than perhaps a one degree rotation AC to level up the horizon, I like it. A bit of a play in PP may or may not produce something better,or perhaps a mono look may be an option.

Would it have not been easier to just say, try again? :D As for the tying the elements together in composition,why should he,or anyone come to that?If everyone who visited that spot took the shot from a diferent perspective,then nobody would ever get to see a picture of the location from the perspective Neil has chose.Other than perhaps a one degree rotation AC to level up the horizon, I like it. A bit of a play in PP may or may not produce something better,or perhaps a mono look may be an option.

I'm trying to explain how to "try again" and leave with a more pleasing image. It's a c&c board

I don't know how it's displaying on your monitor, but on mine any tiny rotation to level the horizon needs to be clockwise , not AC.

Obviously different to mine if you think it needs to rotate anti-clockwise!

Well I said AC and you think Clockwise.No big deal, but what I ain`t gonna do is spend all week debating it ;)

This is a very pretty image imo.
The colours are lovely. ..as is the water. You've kept the horizon well away from centre and the stones (and small offshore rocks) add enough interest for me.

Back