Seascapes

I like the first one best. Pity the highlites are blown. Very hard I know. Would have benefitted if two or three bracketted shots were HDR'd or a grad filter used?

some good shots with plenty of flare and consideration to composition too, but as Brian mentioned you've blown the highlights and are clipping your shadows in all except 3, which is a lovely shot. 4 looks like it the processing that has clipped the shadows (especially under the flower). can you bring this up a bit?

Without doubt #4 for me. I really like the grainy feel to it. I like the composition and great use of depth.

Just the blades of grass lower left...minor point.

I like the first one best. Pity the highlites are blown. Very hard I know. Would have benefitted if two or three bracketted shots were HDR'd or a grad filter used?

Would be impossible to get bracketed shots of the wave breaking like that but no reason you couldn't use a grad there. It would have brought the sky back and enhanced the detail there lots. Not sure that's what I'd like to see though, the sun would have been blinding if you were there seeing that and I think it works well with the light shining through the wave.

Thanks, as said below would have been impossible to get 3 shots off of the wave. I really do need to get some grad filters though :LOL:!

some good shots with plenty of flare and consideration to composition too, but as Brian mentioned you've blown the highlights and are clipping your shadows in all except 3, which is a lovely shot. 4 looks like it the processing that has clipped the shadows (especially under the flower). can you bring this up a bit?

Thanks, Im sure i can, will give it a go later tonight when i get home

Without doubt #4 for me. I really like the grainy feel to it. I like the composition and great use of depth.

Just the blades of grass lower left...minor point.

Thanks, and i have only now seen these now you say, wont take much to remove them though :)

Would be impossible to get bracketed shots of the wave breaking like that but no reason you couldn't use a grad there. It would have brought the sky back and enhanced the detail there lots. Not sure that's what I'd like to see though, the sun would have been blinding if you were there seeing that and I think it works well with the light shining through the wave.

Thanks, it was a blinding sunrise in more than one sense of the word and felt the best way to capture it was through a wave. Will be heading back there either this weekend or next so will have to see if i can get my hands on some filters for some more controlled shots

thanks all for the comments (y)

Back