Seaside theme

Edit My Images
Yes
First one is of a local light house called St.Mary's on the NE Coast. On one of my TFT's it looks fine as it is darker, but when I open on the other screen it looks like the middle of the day. Actually taken early evening using a Sigma 70-300. Struggling with TFT calibration!

DSC_1615-01.jpg

This was taken just down the road at North Shields harbour.

boat2.jpg

Like the fishing boat - not many left these days.

The lighthouse looks just fine - I went for a walk round there myself about 2/3 months ago - first time I'd been in 10 or 15 years, used to play there as a kid all the time:)

Always good to see some local landmarks, thanks for sharing(y)

really nice composition on both shots and as Marianne says the light is great on the lighthouse.

needs a little something, cant really decide whats lacking from the lighthouse, its a good shot, but just.....not quite right

matty said:
needs a little something, cant really decide whats lacking from the lighthouse, its a good shot, but just.....not quite right

I was thinking the same. Maybe more contrast?

could be, might have a little play and see if i can find what im looking for!

quick and dirty edit, the image quality was low due to file size rules, but you get the idea
lighthouseedit.jpg

Upped the contrast and added a little USM, framed

matty said:
quick and dirty edit, the image quality was low due to file size rules, but you get the idea

Upped the contrast and added a little USM, framed

Matty,

That looks alot better... Because i metered primarily off the lighthouse the water had little or no substance in the final shot. You have brought it out nicely - and framed it! :clap:

Have a play with it Bob, thats the beauty of digital, you can make a copy of your image and play with it! Contrast boost brings it to life, showing what a good picture it really is!

Back