Seat pad/cushion for use in hides?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

When sitting for any length of time in a hide I find the seats end up feeling too hard and unforgiving.

So if you have bought a pad/cushion which one and how do you get on with it?

TIA :)

PS I am thinking an ideal one has handle to clip a loop onto for attaching to a belt or camera bog?

I have an inflatable cushion (from ebay) in the bottom of my rucksack, it doesn't take up much space and has come in handy a few times.

Hi all

When sitting for any length of time in a hide I find the seats end up feeling too hard and unforgiving.

So if you have bought a pad/cushion which one and how do you get on with it?

TIA :)

PS I am thinking an ideal one has handle to clip a loop onto for attaching to a belt or camera bog?

Camera bog???:eek::eek::eek:

Might be cheaper trying some of this....:p:D

image.jpeg

Last edited:
I have an inflatable cushion (from ebay) in the bottom of my rucksack, it doesn't take up much space and has come in handy a few times.

Just Google "Walkers sitting mats". Dozens to choose from.

Thanks guys for the feedback and pointers :)

Camera bog???:eek::eek::eek:

Might be cheaper trying some of this....:p:D

View attachment 96142

Oh, drat a typo...........and not good one either :LOL:

As for the suggested ointment, do tell me does it help? ;)

Can vouch for that brand but can recommend Preparation-H and Anusol.

As for cushions, I usually use an outer layer folded up to sit on. Having said that, I don't have the patience to sit for hours, so any cushion only needs to stave off NBS (numb bum syndrome) for an hour at most.

Can vouch for that brand but can recommend Preparation-H and Anusol.

As for cushions, I usually use an outer layer folded up to sit on. Having said that, I don't have the patience to sit for hours, so any cushion only needs to stave off NBS (numb bum syndrome) for an hour at most.

I usually, like you do not stay in one place for too long but I intend to do a "rented hide day" so will be sitting by intention for much longer periods, hence comfort becomes more important.

What about a gardeners kneeling pad? I have one I use to kneel on stoney ground but it's probably padded enough to be used as a seat cushion. I got a cheap rectangular one from Wilkinsons last year, its got a pattern on it but neither the wildlife or my knees mind.

What about a gardeners kneeling pad? I have one I use to kneel on stoney ground but it's probably padded enough to be used as a seat cushion. I got a cheap rectangular one from Wilkinsons last year, its got a pattern on it but neither the wildlife or my knees mind.

That's what I use as well .

My one is a firm foam about an inch thick, think I got it from B&Q :)

We have one of these but was from mountain warehouse, the good thing with these are they fold up neat and can be put in side webbing or I have wrapped them around my monopod before and used it to cushion my should when carrying with a lens attached

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trekmates-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=KB91D04KP0GCYBQCXSN7

We have aslo been looking at these for when out walking and want to sit and have a picnic and keep bum dry and back supported so might work too but will not pack so neatly

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Highlander...87536678&sr=1-1&keywords=Folding+Camping+seat

One of the hides I use regularly has a caravan seat back on each of the benchs ,can sit there all day

Back