Sebastião Salgado: A gallery of spectacular photographs

• Thread starter Deleted member 49549
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 49549

http://blog.ted.com/2013/05/01/sebastiao-salgado-a-gallery-of-spectacular-photographs/

Ask photojournalists to name a peer they admire, and Sebastião Salgado’s name is sure to crop up. The Brazilian is renowned for the long-term projects he undertakes, devoting years at a time to documenting the story of a particular people or the evolution of a certain place. As he describes in the talk he gave at TED2013, his attention to detail and his personal attachment to his subjects caused health problems that nearly killed him.

That penguin shot was fantastic, he emphasized the scale of those icebergs nicely.

Damn that guy is good. (y) (y) (y)

The penguins definitely do it for me, a lot of hard effort and it's paid off tremendously :)

Damn that guy is good. (y) (y) (y)

Apparently of i buy the dxo film pack I can be as good!

Plus another 50 years learning and another heap of talent!

I have to say i prefer his pics over AA and HCB, but that may change tomorrow...

I bought the Genesis book and the Africa book, really striking photographs. Makes you want to go to these far flung destinations and shoot. The black and white is powerful too, although the only off putting thing is the layout of the book cutting some of the dramatic landscapes in half.

I had to study him 4 years ago and there was very little online about him. Now there seems to have been a Salgado explosion on google :) He's a great photographer.

Get it. If I was closer to London I'd go and see the exhibition too. If you haven't watched his talk on the first link watch it, the way he transformed his farm is remarkable.

I enjoyed his Genesis exhibition at the Natural History Museum. If you're in London you should definitely go.

Fantastic.

The wildlife pictures certainly put into perspective the snaps I managed to get at Whipsnade Zoo this afternoon!

Back