Second Kingfisher visit

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to grab a couple of hours down the stream this afternoon, so complete with wellington boots it was into the water and set up a branch. After choosing a spot downstream from yesterday I found a place where I thought it was letting in more light. Well it would have if it had not clouded over :( Most of the time ISO was up in the 800 mark, still I got a couple of pics which is why I whent there. The only thing letting them down is probably my limited editing skills still. Thanks for looking, and any C&C appreciated as usual :)

2-3.jpg

3.jpg

5-1.jpg

1-3.jpg

4-1.jpg

This is one is a crop
11.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice detailed captures Rich. Like them all but 1 & 2 have a slight edge due to the pose. :clap:

Very nice detailed captures Rich. Like them all but 1 & 2 have a slight edge due to the pose. :clap:
Thanks Tom
wow Rich you are getting to good at these now they are fab shots and I am chuffed for you well done:clap:but have you forgot your little robin friend now:crying:

:LOL::LOL::LOL: And if you wanna know why I am laughing Kaz, its cos I said to the wife you would say I am neglecting the Robin :) Dont worry he is looking after his nest at the moment, but will be back. Thanks for the comment (y)

Thanks Tom

:LOL::LOL::LOL: And if you wanna know why I am laughing Kaz, its cos I said to the wife you would say I am neglecting the Robin :) Dont worry he is looking after his nest at the moment, but will be back. Thanks for the comment (y)

:LOL:you can read me like a book I know you won t neglect him really got some shots of the baby robins not got them mixed up this time:LOL:will post them probably tomorrow but first class shots Rich keep it up:clap:

Excellent work Rich, well done on your patience and setting up with the perch (y)

Beautiful work! My only critique would be that the angle to them is a little awkward...but I don't think it affects them in any noticable way! :D Well done mate (y)

Thanks Phil. Taller branch needed me`s thinks :naughty: Watch this space for the worlds high diving Kingfisher :thinking::thinking:

cracking set of pictures there! :clap:

Thanks Phil. Taller branch needed me`s thinks :naughty: Watch this space for the worlds high diving Kingfisher :thinking::thinking:

:LOL: I await with my 10 score card at the ready! I'm happy they use your perch though....never used on of mine *grumble*

:LOL: I await with my 10 score card at the ready! I'm happy they use your perch though....never used on of mine *grumble*

:) I have put so many perches up and down that stretch Phil, they have to run a slalom coarse now :eek:

Wow....... bout all I can say at the mo, i`ll get back to you when i`ve recovered :LOL: :D.

In all seriousness those are all truly outstanding images

Wow indeed! Stunning images! :clap:

The processing is leaving them looking just a bit drab and lifeless is all. This is with the contrast adjusted and NR run just on the bg.

3640936157_212b8fa6f3_o.jpg

Now get the others sorted. ;)

Wow....... bout all I can say at the mo, i`ll get back to you when i`ve recovered :LOL: :D.

In all seriousness those are all truly outstanding images
Thanks Mark (y)
Wow indeed! Stunning images! :clap:

The processing is leaving them looking just a bit drab and lifeless is all. This is with the contrast adjusted and NR run just on the bg.

3640936157_212b8fa6f3_o.jpg

Now get the others sorted. ;)
Thanks Cedric much appreciated ;) I know editing is my downfall at the moment :( But in this case I was a bit excited about posting them up so they were a bit rushed. I know! that should be no excuse really :shake:
Lovely set Rich. I am quite envious.
Thanks Donna for the comment :)

Thanks Mark (y)

Thanks Cedric much appreciated ;) I know editing is my downfall at the moment :( But in this case I was a bit excited about posting them up so they were a bit rushed. I know! that should be no excuse really :shake:

LOL. I'd be excited too. :D

This is driving me bats now - I've been helping a guy with his processing and he's been sending me some of the most incredible Kingfisher shots I've seen to sort out for him - really up close and personal.

That is excellent processing work Cedric :)

I can't wait to see the others done too Rich. Not nudging you in the ribs or anything mind :)

LOL. I'd be excited too. :D

This is driving me bats now - I've been helping a guy with his processing and he's been sending me some of the most incredible Kingfisher shots I've seen to sort out for him - really up close and personal.
How is it best to send you mine Cedric? email or on disc? :LOL::LOL:
That is excellent processing work Cedric :)

I can't wait to see the others done too Rich. Not nudging you in the ribs or anything mind :)

No I bet you aint :cautious:

How is it best to send you mine Cedric? email or on disc? :LOL::LOL:

LOL. If you really want them doing, I'll sort them out for you, but it really is just basic editing required, nothing complicated or difficult, and I know damned well you can do it. (y)

Cracking set, and CT's edit is the icing on the cake.

Back