Second Macro Attempt

Edit My Images
Yes
macro.jpg

That's quite abstract! :D

What is it? Glass gravel?

It's rock salt. My new found macro skills have made it look like glass gravel :clap:

Now everyone knows what it is please feel free to be as critical as you like. I think this shot is better than the first attempt but there's still room for improvement :)

I think macro is one of the hardest things to get right for many reasons!

I think this'll be a great idea with a bit of work :)

What I would like to see, and this is just my opinion, is a much larger DOF (you're only using f3.5 in this shot) so that the top layer of grains are fully in focus. Also, try lighting it from beneath or from the side to get some glow.

I think you'll need a tripod and a lot of patience to get this right but I really do think the results will be worth it. :)

If you do set up the tripod try lots of difference apps and lighting to see what works! Oh, and post the best result here for us to see how you got on and also a picture of your set up!

:D

Thanks Sammy. I did think about the aperture and knocked it down to f/8 for some later shots (I'll post the rice one in the sharing forum in a minute).

Lighting from the bottom is a great idea. I'll have a go and post how I got on :)

If you have a glass table then you have a brilliant free light box! All you do is put different translucent materials on the table to create different lighting effects, I've found frosted plastic A4 document holders make a great diffuser. And they come in different colours too!

:)

wow, cracking shot ribby, definately looks surreal, looks like some pieces are floating above others, or is that just me, anyway great work.

Love the metallic colours in there. Definitely very abstract.. I would never have guessed what it was.

Back