Security cameras

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Good evening and happy new year,

I'm looking at buying two security cameras with mobile phone connectivity and solar powered preferably. It's a bit of a minefield out there so I'm wondering if you can recommend any to me please?

Many thanks

Hi

Ring or Eufy.

Ring you have to pay subs for whilst Eufy you done.

There are other cheaper alternatives link blink but the app UI is not very user friendly.

Hi

Ring or Eufy.

Ring you have to pay subs for whilst Eufy you done.

There are other cheaper alternatives link blink but the app UI is not very user friendly.
Thank you, will Eufy change their policy at some point do you think?

Thank you, will Eufy change their policy at some point do you think?
We can never tell, just like Ring can increase their annual price plan.

The other option is going for ones where it records on a box at home, but not sure if you are planning on a self install or you are getting someone to set it all up for you and you total budget.

If you go for a proper install please ensure that they run Cat cables as coax does not support newer cameras.

We can never tell, just like Ring can increase their annual price plan.

The other option is going for ones where it records on a box at home, but not sure if you are planning on a self install or you are getting someone to set it all up for you and you total budget.

If you go for a proper install please ensure that they run Cat cables as coax does not support newer cameras.
I'm getting someone to fit them then I will figure out the software myself, box option sounds interesting but are they wired instead of wireless?

I'm getting someone to fit them then I will figure out the software myself, box option sounds interesting but are they wired instead of wireless?
Yes most that I have seen with the box are wired and will be power over Ethernet.

I ended up going with the ring system, not had any issues and have the alarm as well so all works together and for £9 a month it worth having the alarm monitored and all 6 cameras stream saved to the cloud. Yes POE cameras would be better and is what I installed at my mums when renovated there. But didn’t go that route at mine had had already done all the works before we decided to go with cameras and didn’t want wires etc or trunking or anything on show.

Last edited:
Back