Security - Greek Style

Fab pic... but I'd lose the overlay on the texture. I think it has enough natural texture on the walls on it's own to be fabulously interesting. :)

Is there anything left to steal in Greece ?:eek:

Fab pic... but I'd lose the overlay on the texture. I think it has enough natural texture on the walls on it's own to be fabulously interesting. :)

:agree: completely.(y)

George.

:agree: completely.(y)

George.
Hmmmm! Here's the untreated image. Still lthink I prefer the textured version - added interest .... for me anyway

rk3fh3.jpg

You could achieve the tones of the first image on the original without the texture... I would work selective contrast and clarity. Or, perhaps just tone down the opacity of your texture? Only a suggestion. The texture on the walls make it look a bit 'cartoony' if you know what I mean? I think this image has great potential and I love the gorgeous light!

You could achieve the tones of the first image on the original without the texture... I would work selective contrast and clarity. Or, perhaps just tone down the opacity of your texture? Only a suggestion. The texture on the walls make it look a bit 'cartoony' if you know what I mean? I think this image has great potential and I love the gorgeous light!
Thanks Bethy. I'll give that a try. Not very proficient with PS but will have a go and see what I can do. (Know what you mean about the "cartoony" look:) ).

?could makes great b&w image?

One way to enhance the existing texture of the walls is to duplicate the layer, then apply an "edge" filter to the top layer. Then set the layer to "overlay" mode. Play with the edge filter options and layer opacity to suit. All without introducing any foreign texture.

Last edited:
?could makes great b&w image?
One way to enhance the existing texture of the walls is to duplicate the layer, then apply an "edge" filter to the top layer. Then set the layer to "overlay" mode. Play with the edge filter options and layer opacity to suit. All without introducing any foreign texture.

Thank you Chris - will give that a try - I do like b&w.
Ian - What can I say, never come across that particular PS process but sounds like it would accentuate the natural texture in the walls so will definitely give that a shot.

Had a play around in PS and applied an "edge" filter and decided on a reduced "multiply" mode. Then made a b&w version from that. Here are the two revised images. So much better than the original untreated. Thanks guys @ianp5a & @Elines

2n70ak7.jpg

9ito5s.jpg

I like the colour temperature of the original, it really gives the feel of a day hot enough to blister the paint from the wood and walls. Is there a slight magenta colour cast on the image? The paint on the right should possibly be more white than it appears. I'm using a calibrated display and it just has a touch of pink to it.

I like the colour temperature of the original, it really gives the feel of a day hot enough to blister the paint from the wood and walls. Is there a slight magenta colour cast on the image? The paint on the right should possibly be more white than it appears. I'm using a calibrated display and it just has a touch of pink to it.
It's been a while since my screen was not calibrated. All I did was set the white point in Levels to the splodge on the left side of the image about a quarter of the way up from the bottom edge. I have a feeling that there is a pink tinge to that peeling paint - should have taken a test shot with a white card instead of relying on memory.
Marmite anyone? The black and white would be my choice. AL
Thanks Al. PS: I quite like Marmite.

I don't know if I don't actually prefer the untreated one. Great photo either way. I keep trying for something like this but you've nailed it.

I don't know if I don't actually prefer the untreated one. Great photo either way. I keep trying for something like this but you've nailed it.
Hi John. I like to play around with Photoshop and particularly with textures. Some work, some don't. Thank you for your kind words.

Nice textures and colours, although I'd prefer it without he yellow object on the sill.
Yes, I'm not too happy with that either to be honest. It is a piece of sandstone so naturally a yellow hue but even so ...Thanks for your visiting and commenting

Back